Page 71 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Doubleheaders would be nice if they can pull them off for NDSU/UND and SDSU/USD, but otherwise they need to move towards mirror scheduling with games on Thursday/Saturday. If it is anything like last year, the current set up is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd View Post
    IIRC the Summit had men's women's double headers a while back but had to go away from them as people associated with women's basketball didn't like to be portrayed as the opening act or the undercard. Also with both games being televised it makes double headers nearly impossible because if the first game goes long it really messes with the start time of the second game, with tv you need a firm start time. Coaches don't want back to back fri-sat games need a day of rest in between. Is it really that hard to make a week night game, I don't have a difficult time with it, than again it has been nearly 25 years since I've last had a regular job.
    Well, the bolded part pretty much says it all. Try a weeknight game, after work, with kids, or fitting a game in around kid's activities. Weeknights suck.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Doubleheaders would be nice if they can pull them off for NDSU/UND and SDSU/USD, but otherwise they need to move towards mirror scheduling with games on Thursday/Saturday. If it is anything like last year, the current set up is a mess.
    Instead of Thursday/Saturday go with Friday night/Sunday afternoon mirror scheduling. Don't necessarily have to do doubleheaders, though would be nice when possible, more important to have a consistent weekend schedule. If you knew that every Friday night and Sunday afternoon either the Bison men or Bison women would be playing at home you would have a more consistent and reliable schedule and more people would make a weekend of it and show up.

Being in Vermillion, it is harder to attract weeknight crowds due to the travel situation on often cold and snowy winter nights.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Since ST is not within MNSCU or UM systems, one would think that the amount of control they had would be minimal. Different fund sources and different board members.
    Good info. I find it amusing that both ND and SD have two DI schools each, but MN only has one despite having a population that is more than 3x the population of ND and SD combined. MN also nearly has 7x the tax revenue of ND and SD combined.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Good info. I find it amusing that both ND and SD have two DI schools each, but MN only has one despite having a population that is more than 3x the population of ND and SD combined. MN also nearly has 7x the tax revenue of ND and SD combined.

U of M student population is equivalent to all 4 univeesities in ND and SD, and spending on athletics exceeds all 4 also. So I’m not buying your 2 universities vs 1 logic.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd View Post
    people associated with women's basketball didn't like to be portrayed as the opening act or the undercard.
    Apparently they also don't want to be associated with games with actual fans watching. It worked great back in the day and the NDSU women's program was likely as big or better of a draw than the men's. There was no "undercard" about it. It was just two games back to back.....and people showed up and cheered.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    U of M student population is equivalent to all 4 univeesities in ND and SD, and spending on athletics exceeds all 4 also. So I’m not buying your 2 universities vs 1 logic.
    So you don't think Minnesota can afford another DI school within its system despite having much higher revenue sources than SD and ND combined?
    Hail the BISON!!!

I think it would be cool if NDSU got a women's basketball program. It was sort of cool 20 years ago when we did. Not sure what it would take to get it started again. Maybe have to hire a coach, get some D1 athletes, buy some women's balls, we already have a sweet new facility. Unless we cannot compete with SDSU and/or USD, then maybe it makes sense to not have it still.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

It's kind of funny to see the SD schools complaining about coverage in Sioux Falls when the home station of UND isn't even in Grand Forks. Hopped in the car today over the lunch hour and Bill Chaves was on Jack Michaels show. Why can't their home station be in their shit hole city? I bet that doesn't happen anywhere else in the country with rivals in their rivals city.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Last year sucked. The men and women played at the same time in opposite states. You shouldn't make your fanbase choose which team to support. But NDSU doesnt have an actual womens team so to us it doesn't matter but the other schools could use it

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com