Page 136 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1685

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Good riddance and the Summit League is on it's way to becoming better than the MVC. UMKC is about a relevant in Kansas City as Minnesota State Community & Technical College is in the Fargo-Moorhead market

It's to the point now where if the MVC offered, I would say no and laugh.
    I couldn't agree more. If those are the teams the MVC is adding, may we never join them. I was okay with adding UMKC as they were along I 29 and it helped out ORU and Omaha. But I still thought they were kind of beneath the Summit. Now that they're leaving, the Summit's ranking should go up.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I agree with the reasoning of wanting to have your conference footprint be in your recruiting footprint but is NDSU really playing games in Wisconsin, Nebraska and Iowa that often now? Yet they are recruiting within those states.
    Depending on what part of Wisconsin you live in Northern Iowa, Western Illinois, Illinois State, St. Thomas are easy drives. Nebraska is close to Northern Iowa, USD, SDSU, Missouri State. Iowa is easy driving distance to all those schools. Family and friends in those states are driving to Wyoming, Nevada or Boise for games.

Geography is a factor for many recruits. A good friend of mine had a son transfer from a B1G school. He has 3 offers: NDSU, JMU and Eastern Kentucky. He ultimately chose EKU and geography was a big factor.

Back before they joined the Summit/ MVFC I was speaking with an NDSU administrator who said they would prefer the Summit/MVFC over Big Sky for the same reason. It also better fit their alumni development footprint. I think they would take a MWC invite if it was their only option. And I think they would be successful if they did it. But if given an option I'm thinking they would stay close to their current footprint.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The private schools are going to run that conference into the ground. They want markets to build their enrollment, nobody in KC knows UMKC exists.
    Agree with this. If new SL commish has any balls, he makes a move to go get public schools that have football (UNI, MSU, ISU-R, ISU-B and SIU) and starts the SL Football Conference. Leverage your largest asset(s)...NDSU, SDSU, and USD football and force their hand. Adding those schools to the SL creates a very good FB/BB conference and stabilizes things...for now. Let MVC have St. Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Depending on what part of Wisconsin you live in Northern Iowa, Western Illinois, Illinois State, St. Thomas are easy drives. Nebraska is close to Northern Iowa, USD, SDSU, Missouri State. Iowa is easy driving distance to all those schools. Family and friends in those states are driving to Wyoming, Nevada or Boise for games.

Geography is a factor for many recruits. A good friend of mine had a son transfer from a B1G school. He has 3 offers: NDSU, JMU and Eastern Kentucky. He ultimately chose EKU and geography was a big factor.

Back before they joined the Summit/ MVFC I was speaking with an NDSU administrator who said they would prefer the Summit/MVFC over Big Sky for the same reason. It also better fit their alumni development footprint. I think they would take a MWC invite if it was their only option. And I think they would be successful if they did it. But if given an option I'm thinking they would stay close to their current footprint.
    Yeah, parents and family can get to a lot of NDSU away games now. They'd have to fly to get to any MWC away games. MAC games would be easier to get to for a lot of them.

I used to hate the idea of the MAC, but one of the reasons Nebraska football took such a hit was that they moved to a conference that doesn't play games in Texas or OK.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Agree with this. If new SL commish has any balls, he makes a move to go get public schools that have football (UNI, MSU, ISU-R, ISU-B and SIU) and starts the SL Football Conference. Leverage your largest asset(s)...NDSU, SDSU, and USD football and force their hand. Adding those schools to the SL creates a very good FB/BB conference and stabilizes things...for now. Let MVC have St. Thomas.
    That would be interesting, but may make it difficult for NDSU football to leave if there was ever an opportunity. That's one nice things about MVFC....it's just football so there is latitude to change without impacting other sports.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I'm hoping my Indiana State tries to join the Horizon League at this point. Sending all of our teams to Texas makes zero sense. I might be more accepting if they had a program that was good almost every year, or if they had a football program, but they don't have either.

Adding UMKC, UTA, and UIC would be a new low for the MVC. How any of those schools are above NDSU or SDSU is beyond me. Heck I'd rather invite WIU than any of those schools.

My preferred conference would be the 4 Dakotas, the 5 MVC FB publics, and Murray State.

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post
    I'm hoping my Indiana State tries to join the Horizon League at this point. Sending all of our teams to Texas makes zero sense. I might be more accepting if they had a program that was good almost every year, or if they had a football program, but they don't have either.

Adding UMKC, UTA, and UIC would be a new low for the MVC. How any of those schools are above NDSU or SDSU is beyond me. Heck I'd rather invite WIU than any of those schools.

My preferred conference would be the 4 Dakotas, the 5 MVC FB publics, and Murray State.
    ahhhhh that would be a conference.. minus und usd
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    I see one problem there. I dont think they give a shit about our assets. Football is an afterthought at those schools.
    College of Business Alumnus

Curious about Fenton. Anyone listen to the interview on the Brakedown a week or two ago? When KB asked him what his vision for the Summit was, he said "the strongest ALMOST-nonFBS league". Did I hear that correctly? If he did, what does that mean? Does he know something few of us do, or is he just reading the tea leaves, or maybe trolling us? If he didn’t, then never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Curious about Fenton. Anyone listen to the interview on the Brakedown a week or two ago? When KB asked him what his vision for the Summit was, he said "the strongest ALMOST-nonFBS league". Did I hear that correctly? If he did, what does that mean? Does he know something few of us do, or is he just reading the tea leaves, or maybe trolling us? If he didn’t, then never mind.
    Hopefully it means that he's going to try to get the public side of the MVC.