Page 103 of 169 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1683

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    i want the summit to implode, then maybe ndsu can find a better conference.
    I never thought I would agree with you on anything.. but I semi do here. If Augi is invited, then I will lose all faith I have in leagues AD's their abilities to see look big picture. There is no way that school should be in D1 athletics. Granted.. they would probably beat our ladies basketball team :/
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I am definitely in favor of adding Grand Canyon. Even if that makes snooty Denver leave. GCU is and will continue to be a good basketball school with a big-time atmosphere. And it could possibly net us NMSU too, which would be great. I think Douple is committing malpractice if he's not trying to sell the idea to our presidents, and then to GCU and NMSU.

Oh, they have baseball too.
    Grand Canyon is hardly an academic peer of NDSU. The more distance we keep between an online diploma mill like that and the Summit the better.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Grand Canyon is hardly an academic peer of NDSU. The more distance we keep between an online diploma mill like that and the Summit the better.
    They started as primarily an online school but have built quite an impressive residential campus in Phoenix. My son visited in March and I was pleasantly surprised talking to locals who talked about the academic reputation they have gained.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    They started as primarily an online school but have built quite an impressive residential campus in Phoenix. My son visited in March and I was pleasantly surprised talking to locals who talked about the academic reputation they have gained.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Talking to "locals" tells nothing of academics. Grand Canyon is a diploma mill with the majority of its degrees granted online. Including grad degrees. Here are links to the Carnegie Rankings of both schools......bring each page up and check the box next to "Graduate Instructional Program"..........then at the bottom of the page click on the "find similar" . This will bring up a list of peer institutions that is based on actual data. Do this for each school and it is clear that Grand Canyon is hardly a peer of NDSU. But, neither is Augustana for that matter....

Link for Grand Canyon....

http://carnegieclassifications.iu.ed...unit_id=104717

Link for NDSU....

http://carnegieclassifications.iu.ed...%3A%2217%22%7D

On the Brakedown yesterday, KB said the Summit considered, vetted, and ultimately discarded GC as a possible member, so make of that what you will.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Talking to "locals" tells nothing of academics. Grand Canyon is a diploma mill with the majority of its degrees granted online. Including grad degrees. Here are links to the Carnegie Rankings of both schools......bring each page up and check the box next to "Graduate Instructional Program"..........then at the bottom of the page click on the "find similar" . This will bring up a list of peer institutions that is based on actual data. Do this for each school and it is clear that Grand Canyon is hardly a peer of NDSU. But, neither is Augustana for that matter....

Link for NDSU....

Baylor, TCU and Texas Tech listed as similar from the Big 12; Rutgers and Penn State from the B1G; Bama from the SEC.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

7. Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Link for NDSU....

I personally don't think doctoral research should be criteria for athletic competition... Especially with the replication crisis that plagues most of said "research."

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
    I personally don't think doctoral research should be criteria for athletic competition... Especially with the replication crisis that plagues most of said "research."
    Research is a primary reason for universities to exist and NDSU has always believed this. That's probably why we don't put scare quotes around the word.

That doesn't bother me. It's an athletic conference and it's not like this is the Ivy League. I'm sure I'll continue to do just fine with my NDSU diploma.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Neither are half the schools in the Summit League. It's the Summit League not the Ivies FFS.