Page 49 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I'd rather be D2 than in the same conference as GCU
    Why they have a 20 million dollar budget (high for no football), have tons of money, an awesome facility, and are committed to winning. Recently they had a top 35 recruiting class

Check out their attendance

2013-14....................4,373
    2014-15....................5,170
    2015-16....................5,806
    2016-17....................6,817

https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2016/...turning-heads/

Plus a flight to Arizona would be nice in the winter

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Would the Dakota schools and NDSU in particular prefer Western left the conference? I won't be offended or argue, I just want to see what the thoughts are.

Quote Originally Posted by Western4Life View Post
    Would the Dakota schools and NDSU in particular prefer Western left the conference? I won't be offended or argue, I just want to see what the thoughts are.
    Hell No. With the number of sports the Necks sponsor and their location giving them other options, their continued presence in the conference is a must.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I absolutely love the name Leathernecks. Such a good team name to have in a football conference. Also, they should stay Summit/MVFC long after we leave.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I absolutely love the name Leathernecks. Such a good team name to have in a football conference. Also, they should stay Summit/MVFC long after we leave.
    I wish they would put some more money into the program. I don't like having teams in the conference that have crappy facilities and draw like crap. Ndsu, sdsu, USD, oru, Denver, and Omaha have solid facilities. Und has OK facilities but will draw ok with rivals. The rest of the Conference not so much. That's why I like NMSU and Grand Canyon. Good teams who care about their programs

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Summit/MVFC have had the best nicknames of any conferences in the country.

I can't speak for what SDSU, NDSU, and USD think and don't care what UND thinks. Guessing: NDSU wants WIU in the Summit because the folks running NDSU aren't idiots. When it comes to being Division I, the Summit needs WIU as much as WIU needs the Summit.

Yeah, I'm fine with WIU. Honestly I would like to bring in a school that is close to them, give them a travel partner and solidify them more into the league.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I believe they received permission from the military to use the logo/ nickname. {insert und comment here}
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I believe they received permission from the military to use the logo/ nickname. {insert und comment here}
    I can't believe UND had a chance to be named the Roughriders after a president's efforts in war... and went with a bird. Fight or Flight?

Way to go, Flighting Hawks.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.