Page 95 of 169 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    From everything I've read and heard in radio interviews, at least one of SDSU/USD's larger corporate sponsors, if not their largest, appears to have a strong interest in bringing Augie to Division I and wouldn't be thrilled with those administrations if they blocked Augie. But I could be mistaken. I don't have the insider info/connections at Augie like some of you guys on here have with your athletic department. Maybe it's as simple as them voting no and Augie staying D2 and everybody moves on.
    You are right. That big donor is Sanford in its various corporate and individual components. No way SDSU or USD or I an guessing NDSU would stand in the way.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    So the Summit league brings back a former member, solidifying the conference, making it a 10 team team league with balanced schedules and travel partners...and its a sad day? Wow, you could not be more wrong. What is your suggestion then? For NDSU to join the Big 10? Big 12? Having a conference that has members close is a good thing. Ask und when they logged in millions of frequent flyer miles in the big sky. I guess we should just be an independent since we cant belittle ourselves with being in the lowly summit. Bison fans are great fans, and I’m sure you are too. But your mindset on this is what makes Bison fans look bad.
    I wouldn't be nearly as opposed to this had conditions been put on UMKC to build an on campus arena and start a baseball team. Most importantly, there should be some penalty for having a low NET during a 10 year probation period. Their AD has zero interest and no ability to raise money in order to get better in all sports. They are ok with who they are and that will not change. Enjoy!

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Northern Colorado should be targeted it would be the next realistically close school.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Northern Colorado should be targeted it would be the next realistically close school.
    definatly a current DI before any move ups

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    On the plus side, they have baseball. On the minus side, UNC would be a gamble so Denver would have to be really, really committed to the Summit and supportive of their inclusion for that to work. And football would be a problem.

Heck, I remember when the NCC schools, other than the NDSU, had a real problem with having UNC in the conference because of the travel distance. It seems like they were never allowed to host a conference championship in all their years in the NCC.

Unc is a great fit for the big sky. They just need to stop sucking
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can only hope the basket ball tournament gets moved out of Augieville and back to Kansas City.

I would love for us to add Saint Thomas - would be a awesome to add a team in one of our largest alumni demographic areas plus it would be help keep our travel costs down while adding a team from Minnesota.

We would be dumb to move from Sioux Falls - that tournament has to be cash cow for summit league when the South Dakota teams are good.
    Last edited by blackdiamond2; 06-23-2019 at 02:12 AM.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    I would love for us to add Saint Thomas - would be a awesome to add a team in one of our largest alumni demographic areas plus it would be help keep our travel costs down while adding a team from Minnesota.

We would be dump to move from Sioux Falls - that tournament has to be cash cow for summit league when the South Dakota teams are good.
    Much rather see the SLT in MSP...I'd be way more inclined to go

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I realize that UMKC to the Summit may not be a big deal, but I don't see anything on ESPN about this at all. All the conference news is about UConn.

I'm glad they're back and wish they were joining this year already.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.