Page 110 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1683

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Good I'll take St. Thomas over Auggie any day. I'm assuming their FB would go Pioneer League and hockey could go WCHA or whatever the hell they are calling themselves now days. This would be a solid addition to the SL adds another baseball school and gets us into the Twin cities market. I can already see an OOC FB game between the Tommies and the Bison at US Bank stadium!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Are you allowed to stay in division 3 hockey if the rest of your program is division 1? That is a major question not being answered.
    No, they'll have to move hockey up. But I bet the WCHA will take them(or whatever that group of schools ends up naming themselves).

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Are you allowed to stay in division 3 hockey if the rest of your program is division 1? That is a major question not being answered.
    Yes, that is very common. It's because Hockey is not considered a major sport. That's not smack talk, it's almost the exact wording the NCAA uses.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    No, they'll have to move hockey up. But I bet the WCHA will take them(or whatever that group of schools ends up naming themselves).
    Did the rules change? There are a lot of "DI" hockey programs that are not DI right?

Maybe it's different for DII vs. DIII? I'm thinking about Mankato, Duluth, St. Cloud, etc. Or is it a grandfathered in thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Yes, that is very common. It's because Hockey is not considered a major sport. That's not smack talk, it's almost the exact wording the NCAA uses.
    You got it backwards. D2 and D3 schools are allowed 1 D1 sport. If your D1 more then 1 sport you have to be D1 in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Good I'll take St. Thomas over Auggie any day. I'm assuming their FB would go Pioneer League and hockey could go WCHA or whatever the hell they are calling themselves now days. This would be a solid addition to the SL adds another baseball school and gets us into the Twin cities market. I can already see an OOC FB game between the Tommies and the Bison at US Bank stadium!
    I could see an OOC Football game as well. Give em some time to ramp up though. Looking at the size of their o line and d line, I hope they play a 3-4 on defense because they are really small

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    You got it backwards. D2 and D3 schools are allowed 1 D1 sport. If your D1 more then 1 sport you have to be D1 in everything.
    Ah, thank you, that makes sense. Got it.

Apparently most Bisonvillers live in the past and are excited about going in reverse, keeping status quo, and never taking risks. They can't wait for the Summit to also add Augustana. And they will attack anyone who doesn't share their views.

I think at one time there was a grandfathered rule about hockey or football, but that door was closed a long time ago and the schools were forced to move up their programs. Pretty sure I'm thinking about the schools that now make up non-scholie FCS. Didn't they used to be DIII in just football until the rest of DIII kicked them out? Was there something similar with hockey at one time?

In any case, if there was a loophole, it's long gone as others have said.