Page 112 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1685

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Way better now.
    This is a correct statement even with UND in the league.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Better with the future version but I do miss Oakland.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I didn't call out any specific person like you and several others do all the time.

NDSU -> NDSU
    SDSU -> SDSU
    Oral Roberts -> ORU
    Oakland -> Denver
    Southern Utah v-> Omaha
    UMKC -> UMKC
    Western Illinois -> WIU
    Centenary -> St. Thomas
    IUPUI -> USD
    IPFW -> UND

Augustana -> sorry folks, we're full

Well, they could be the new Centenary.

Yes, I would say the Summit has upgraded in profile and footprint over time.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I didn't call out any specific person like you and several others do all the time.
    Nope, instead (this time), you called out pretty much all of Bisonville with a false narrative.

Apparently most Bisonvillers live in the past and are excited about going in reverse, keeping status quo, and never taking risks.
    You've been given the truth from us many, many times, but still refuse to accept the reality of the situation. Being angry about the situation isn't going to fix, but it will continue to make your life miserable.
    Hail the BISON!!!

You.......just you are an asshole that can't tolerate any disagreement. You are an asswipe.

You.......just you are an asshole that can't tolerate any disagreement. You are an asswipe.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Little salty today?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    I'd rather see a power move by the Summit League to force some of the MVFC schools' hands. Summit forms FB league and tells UNI/ISU/etc that if they want their FB programs to remain relevant and stay with the power FB schools (SDSU, NDSU, USD), then you need to jump conferences. Call the question...is football important to those Mo Valley athletic departments or not? It's the one pathway for the Summit League to get over the hump and passes the MVC. Leverage the football success of NDSU and call the question with MVC schools within the footprint that make sense.
    Lol, those schools would drop football before downgrading their basketball programs.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Western4Life View Post
    What fantastic news for the SL! The people in Macomb are thrilled to see the addition of St Thomas. Even with a jump from D3 they clearly have the resources and market to be in a D1 conference. They're only 6 hours away from Western which is a comfortable bus ride. This is a school that we hope appeases some of the needs/wants of Denver/ORU and helps with numbers in specific sports. Again, to be clear Western is thrilled.

Auggie would be fine but nobody is excited like they were for St Thomas. They check most boxes, plus in this day and age you have to have a big money backer like Sanford. I guess that's the give-and-take. Western (plus other outliers) would have never allowed Auggie before other schools that were a better fit were added. Now there is a better chance for support.

As for football. Western will never leave the Missouri Valley schools to start football with the Dakota schools. Western's strongest rivalries are with the MVC schools. That is the key reason Western holds out in the SL. When the Missouri Valley was started Western got an invite but had a great situation at the time. Everyone wishes they had a redo but they don't so the last connection to them is the Gateway which was bastardized into the MVFC.

People have been very vocal about their criticism of Western lately. Much of it's deserved but it's getting to be goofy. The new interim president is highly competent. Legalized marijuana will help enrollment. We don't cheat and usually have quality student-athletes. See ya in friendly competitions.

Cheers

PS, thanks to anyone who helped me with ticket exchanges and recommendations on places to go in Fargo. I'll be taking my talents overseas soon but I'll still check in.
    It is a great day for the Summit but another ball buster for NDSU. It is a virtual guarantee now that Augie gets added. That is three tough pills to swallow in a row. UMKC-UST-Augie.
    We have got to be looking to make a move out of this low major conference ASAP.

Best option: All sports MVC -Never gonna happen with the current SHAC and without SDSU who will never abandon their "prescious". (SF tourny)

2nd best option: All sports to the MWC- doesn't make sense for us without Montana and SDSU. Plus, Never gonna happen unless they lose Boise + a couple more to the AAC as has been speculated

Option 3: MAC- Doesnt make sense without UNI, SDSU and ISUr. Never gonna happen though as UNI is broke and SDSU loves SF. ISUr could pull it off as they have long term FBS aspirations.

Option 4: We are totally boned, somebody call Mankato and let's get the band back together....