Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169
Results 1,681 to 1,683 of 1683

Thread: Summit Expansion?

BigLakeBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    If the Power schools do break from the NCAA I wonder if Mankato, Duluth, and St Cloud will be allowed to join D1. Mankato already has significantly higher enrollment than NDSU. With the North Star program the other 2 will probably catch up too. All 3 already sponsor more than the D1 minimum number of sports.
    Mankato is the only one of those three that would be able to make it work. SCSU is struggling to maintain their D2 athletic budget and Duluth, albeit better than SCSU, is no where near Mankato in terms of facilities and investment. The Mankato campus is really quite nice and I would say is every bit on par with the NDSU, SDSU and UND. It some aspects even better. They could make it work. Question is would the UofM allow it?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Mankato is the only one of those three that would be able to make it work. SCSU is struggling to maintain their D2 athletic budget and Duluth, albeit better than SCSU, is no where near Mankato in terms of facilities and investment. The Mankato campus is really quite nice and I would say is every bit on par with the NDSU, SDSU and UND. It some aspects even better. They could make it work. Question is would the UofM allow it?
    Location is probably best for the league as well, as they're a road trip for every Summit League member except ORU and Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Mankato jumped at the chance to be "Minnesota State" (no hyphen). They're running with the mindset.