Page 159 of 169 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1685

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    If NDSU added hockey, would they play at the Scheels Arena across town? I think the Fargodome was built piping under the north end for a potential hockey tenant.
    Thats a good question if that's the case. I dont think they'd have trouble filling Scheels. Filing the basketball/hockey configuration in the dome regularly might be another story. Even UND has some trouble filling the Ralph a lot of the time I think
    College of Business Alumnus

We did still drag Broadway ...
    A significant fraction of today's kids don't get a driver's license much less "drag" any street.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Filing the basketball/hockey configuration in the dome regularly might be another story.
    I think a couple of you missed my purple font.

If NDSU added hockey, would they play at the Scheels Arena across town? I think the Fargodome was built piping under the north end for a potential hockey tenant.
    The piping is there, but the odds of regular hockey at the dome are pretty much nil. There are several small physical issues with the hockey config that would cost a million or two to fix, but the primary problem is the length of setup and takedown. They looked into it something like a decade back and found it would take a day to prep and get the ice ready, however many days of games in a home stand, then another day to get rid of the ice and convert back to normal. That is just way too many revenue days for the dome to give up every year. From Oct 1 to Mar 4(UND's first and last home dates), the Fargodome was in use 18 out of 23 weekends(either Fri and/or Sat). And one of the remaining five was Christmas weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    The piping is there, but the odds of regular hockey at the dome are pretty much nil. There are several small physical issues with the hockey config that would cost a million or two to fix, but the primary problem is the length of setup and takedown. They looked into it something like a decade back and found it would take a day to prep and get the ice ready, however many days of games in a home stand, then another day to get rid of the ice and convert back to normal. That is just way too many revenue days for the dome to give up every year. From Oct 1 to Mar 4(UND's first and last home dates), the Fargodome was in use 18 out of 23 weekends(either Fri and/or Sat). And one of the remaining five was Christmas weekend.
    So hypothetically it would be fine for special occasions where the gate will be substantial? Like UND or Minnesota coming to town?

So hypothetically it would be fine for special occasions where the gate will be substantial? Like UND or Minnesota coming to town?
    A Wild exhibition game?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Would have to be a hell of a guarantee for either school to give up the home gate for that. Even if they were willing, they make a lot more playing actual destination games in actual NHL arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Would have to be a hell of a guarantee for either school to give up the home gate for that. Even if they were willing, they make a lot more playing actual destination games in actual NHL arenas.
    I mean if NDSU had a hockey team and happened to be hosting

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I mean if NDSU had a hockey team and happened to be hosting
    Ah, misread your post. Yeah, that would be a reason to have it there in that situation. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Ah, misread your post. Yeah, that would be a reason to have it there in that situation. My mistake.
    I dont think I was exactly clear. No worries