Page 47 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    We dumped iupui that's a interesting take
    They definitely dumped us but not for a prettier girl. For one that was lower maintenance and easier access

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They definitely dumped us but not for a prettier girl. For one that was lower maintenance and easier access
    What is wrong with that? lol
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    What is wrong with that? lol
    Nothing. Lower expenses because they can split rent.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I hope not, we just dumped IUPUI and are on the verge of getting rid of PUFW as well. UMKC is a zero, I would rather just wait. If we do add them back, hopefully we require them to add Baseball or what's the point?
    Sadly there is nowhere else to really get schools, UMKC might be as good as it gets. Basically we swap IUPUI for a better geographic fit, so I can live with it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Sadly there is nowhere else to really get schools, UMKC might be as good as it gets. Basically we swap IUPUI for a better geographic fit, so I can live with it.
    I am all For UMKC. Solid stable footprint with the 4 Dakota schools, Omaha, Oral Roberts, Denver, WIU, and if we could just get rid of the other Indiana school and trade them for NMSU and/or Grand Canyon for a warm weather trip and some familiar names for UMKC.. That would make my day

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I am all For UMKC. Solid stable footprint with the 4 Dakota schools, Omaha, Oral Roberts, Denver, WIU, and if we could just get rid of the other Indiana school and trade them for NMSU and/or Grand Canyon for a warm weather trip and some familiar names for UMKC.. That would make my day
    NMSU would be good, they need to realize FCS Football isnt all that bad, but then with the departure of UND from the Fluffy that would likely be their landing place for all sports
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I posted this on the SDSU forum and I wanted to post it on here too just to get two different opinions on it.

I'm thinking that the Summit should add UMKC and Chicago State, because they are the most realistic options out there. The reason for CSU is because they have baseball and if/when Ft Wayne leaves the Summit will be down to 5 baseball schools. It also gives WIU a close opponent.

Then there's WIU and ORU. WIU could potentially get looked at by the OVC if/when the MVC adds Murray State since the OVC would probably want another football school. ORU could potentially be the #12 the MVC adds since they are private and Missouri State not having a travel partner was an issue that was brought up quite a bit. MVC already looked at Omaha and one would think that Oral Roberts is a way better candidate than Omaha.

Absolute worst case scenario, if all three left (and UMKC + CSU are added) it leaves the Summit League at 8 members.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post
    I posted this on the SDSU forum and I wanted to post it on here too just to get two different opinions on it.

I'm thinking that the Summit should add UMKC and Chicago State, because they are the most realistic options out there. The reason for CSU is because they have baseball and if/when Ft Wayne leaves the Summit will be down to 5 baseball schools. It also gives WIU a close opponent.

Then there's WIU and ORU. WIU could potentially get looked at by the OVC if/when the MVC adds Murray State since the OVC would probably want another football school. ORU could potentially be the #12 the MVC adds since they are private and Missouri State not having a travel partner was an issue that was brought up quite a bit. MVC already looked at Omaha and one would think that Oral Roberts is a way better candidate than Omaha.

Absolute worst case scenario, if all three left (and UMKC + CSU are added) it leaves the Summit League at 8 members.

Thoughts?
    WIU would never Give up Valley FB for the OVC...

If the Valley adds ORU, Murray St AND Omaha...that would be an epic turd, im guessing UNI would not go for that crap and be looking for other options just could be the crap that makes the State schools in the Valley with some cash (if any really have any) cut ties with the privates
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

The Valley is only going to add Murray State and one other team to get to 12. The only reason they visited Omaha was because they were hoping to get back into the Omaha market. But after the visit they took to UNO they pretty well figured out that that wasn't such a great idea. I heard that the Milwaukee visit went okay, but the head of the search committee admitted that there were only two schools they visited that were MVC quality (Valpo and Murray) and that they would continue to search for teams for another year, but that the goal was 12. The head of the search committee is the president of Missouri State. Oral Roberts makes the most sense in my opinion and it brings the MVC back into the Tulsa market. I don't think UNI would be against an ORU and Murray State addition at all.

I will agree with you on WIU. Football is their main sport and I doubt they would really want to go to the OVC.

But the MVC is not going to add Omaha. If they were to add anyone (with Murray) from the last group of finalists it would have been Milwaukee.

Chicago State isn't coming back, they were already kicked out once and they are a complete joke of a school and athletic department still.

The expansion plan probably is to add UMKC and target a D2 school.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.