Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid-Major Top 25

Default Re: Mid-Major Top 25

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    Yes, please! AR and LA square off as true freshman point guards. PLEASE?
    Holy cow is that posts for three days in a row???

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Holy cow is that posts for three days in a row???
    I think he is reinfected with Bisonville fever. Some get over the fever, fewer get reinfected. I don't know if a reinfection can be cured. We just may be stuck with the good doc now.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by squarepeg View Post
    We might get ranked if we went 7-0 but more likely we go 1-6 even with the bottom list. The money isn't worth it.
    I think we could go 3-4 with those teams. Beat Minnesota, Iowa, and either Drake/UNI though both those team return pretty much everyone from this year.

Gonzaga returns everyone for next year minus Sacre, Marquette returns a ton, and same with Iowa State. But all those games are in Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisc, minus Gonzaga, so they would all be somewhat local games also against good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I think he is reinfected with Bisonville fever. Some get over the fever, fewer get reinfected. I don't know if a reinfection can be cured. We just may be stuck with the good doc now.

I am burning up over here!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    I am burning up over here!
    A good point guard can do that to you.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful-Bison-Baller View Post
    Hopefully next year we pull an Oakland and have a great non-conference schedule. One similar to their 2010-11 schedule, which was:

@WVU
    @Purdue
    @Illinois
    Michigan State (though no way we get a neutral game or home game with them like Oakland did)
    @Tennessee
    @Michigan
    @Ohio State

If we cant get big time teams like that, lets have a non con like this:

@ Marquette
    @ UNI
    @ Minn
    @ Iowa
    @ Drake
    @ Gonzaga
    @ Iowa State

Not really big time bball teams, but name teams that we would easily be capable of beating. Maybe one day in the next 2 years (after this year) we can then get ranked in the top 25 nationally, instead of top 25 mid major, though that probably wouldnt happen until the soph class are seniors. Hopefully the Sr year, we would be able to get in a preseason touny. Maybe like the preseason NIT or Puerto Rico Tip off, or Old spice classic.

This year though, I am just hoping for a NCAA tourny app, with a close first round game/maybe upset (we would be a 13/14 seed most likely).
    I mentioned the schedule in another thread, however if we schedule what your suggesting that's 7 road games and we'd have hardly any scheduling for home OOC games left which I'm not in favor of. Like I said in the other thread having Minnesota each year is nice, having one or two more big time opponents would be good for our guys I think. Marquette would be good, any Big 10 or Big 12 team would be nice, I'd even settle for a Colorado or a Penn St (might be easier to schedule these days). It'd be awesome to get a couple of top 25 teams on the schedule just to give the guys a shot at pulling the upset, but at least a few big time names would be nice to build excitement back around the program. I hope we dominate ASU this year, could do wonders for this team.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tennessee plays at Oakland this year, not sure if it was a 1&1 or 2&1.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    Tennese plays at Oakland tonightand the game is on ESPNU.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    I think it was a 2 for 1, do they play at Oakland or at the palace?

Also isnt the game because of a kampe contact?

Hopefully they play with a womens ball again this year would be a good OOC win for the summit.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I mentioned the schedule in another thread, however if we schedule what your suggesting that's 7 road games and we'd have hardly any scheduling for home OOC games left which I'm not in favor of. Like I said in the other thread having Minnesota each year is nice, having one or two more big time opponents would be good for our guys I think. Marquette would be good, any Big 10 or Big 12 team would be nice, I'd even settle for a Colorado or a Penn St (might be easier to schedule these days). It'd be awesome to get a couple of top 25 teams on the schedule just to give the guys a shot at pulling the upset, but at least a few big time names would be nice to build excitement back around the program. I hope we dominate ASU this year, could do wonders for this team.
    We had/have 6 away non conference games this year. What is one more? Plus those are all regional, so and could get a few wins plus get paid.