Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    The offense did not have a "very good game". That is unless you are looking through rose-colored glasses. They had a good first half and played like s#!t in the the second half scoring only 3 pts. I don't know how in the world you can consider a total of 293 yds of offense a "very good game".
    Agreed 3 points is awful. The fact that we couldnt even get three when we started that drive on their 35...ugh.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We need Brock to get healthy and return to his mid season form! He was high on many of his throws last night and took a couple of bad 4th quarter sacks where he has got to just get rid of the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    We need Brock to get healthy and return to his mid season form! He was high on many of his throws last night and took a couple of bad 4th quarter sacks where he has got to just get rid of the ball!
    Yep...but that begs the question why we didnt run more in the 2nd half.

7.My thoughts.

1. Would nickle be a better option against an offense that spreads us out?
    2. Why don't we run more to the outside? I understand our bread and butter is between the tackles but even their coach made a comment that we ran "Power" 51 times in the last 3 games. Gee I wonder what they are gonna focus on stopping?
    3. Why the fade routes? I'd like to know what our completion percentage is with fade routes. I'll speculate it is not very good. I'd rather see a route where Warren runs a similar route but comes back to the ball.
    4. Not one reception for a TE or FB? For a team that is "paper thin" at WR why not utilize our TE and FB more?
    5. The staff must have pretty much zero confidence in LaVoy or Luecke.
    6. Brock was high on his throws all game. How much was that caused by the turf toe? If he is not healthy wouldn't our #2 at full health be better than an ailing Brock?
    I understand he is our QB etc. but at what time do you put that aside and go with the healthy guy?
    7. Dare I say Ojuri is a better short yardage back than DJ? No carries for Lang? I still say sneak him in there as FB a couple times a game and give him the quick hitter.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Lots of things went bad yesterday and we got outplayed. A couple things that were on my mind at the end of them game were.

1. YSU final punt with under 30 seconds left, why did we not send the house and try to block that??? Also in that situation Ryan Smith needs to return that at all costs, if were gonna call coverage he needs to catch that ball and try to return it not matter where he is. To hard to go 80 yards no time outs.

2) Why did we attempt no screen passes. YSU defensive ends were having good success getting up field and passed our tackles and getting pressure. There were several times where a screen might have sprung a big play.

Bounce and get em next week!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    7.My thoughts.

6. Brock was high on his throws all game. How much was that caused by the turf toe? If he is not healthy wouldn't our #2 at full health be better than an ailing Brock?
    I understand he is our QB etc. but at what time do you put that aside and go with the healthy guy?
    I posted this in another thread, but my son pointed this out to me and I watched Brock on every throw thereafter. His left big toe is the one injured and the one he should have his weight on in his follow through. He was taking the pressure off that foot by throwing off his back foot, which is what Mertens did most of the time, which is why Mertens usually over threw his receivers and ball went into the stands. Now, Brock was nearly that far off, but I do think he is over-compensating for his left foot injury and that is causing his throws to sail on him a bit.

My thought - NDSU can play poorly pretty much across the board and only lose by 3 to a good conference opponent.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    My thought - NDSU can play poorly pretty much across the board and only lose by 3 to a good conference opponent.
    Totally agreed. Well put. They put up 500 yards...and we still were in the game and only lost by 3.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    The offense did not have a "very good game". That is unless you are looking through rose-colored glasses. They had a good first half and played like s#!t in the the second half scoring only 3 pts. I don't know how in the world you can consider a total of 293 yds of offense a "very good game".
    Bison total yardage is misleading, look at the starting field position in which they scored. They were all short drives, if they had long fields, their yardage is close to YSU and time of possession is closer. The forum doesn't have it but the bison had to have close to 200 yards of kick returns.

Jenson, was not on. He never hit a receiver in stride and when the ball was caught the receiver leaped to catch it.

Long and short of it, they lost, better loss today than december. Still need to win four int he playoffs.

This bison team is a a good team. Let them play, they will be fine.

YSU ran a good option. Our defense was not disaplined enough to go after thier responsabilites. (QB, pitchman, FB)

The key to beating a good option team is disapline and we did not have it.

YSU also was close to beating UNI last week. so the coin can flip the other way too. I think the team would learn more from this loss, than they would of with a win.