Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Will the crowd make the difference this week?

Default Re: Will the crowd make the difference this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Exactly! We won't have another home game for 3 weeks! Let's go all out tomorrow, EVERYONE standing and cheering on at least third downs. I can't expect it to be like the UNI game, that was special, but we can have done it before so why can't everyone do it again?
    This game is sold out and bigger than the UNI game. Win and we are conference champions.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Looking at the dome map, it was basically sections 24-29 that seemed to be on their asses most of the time. Brad and I even ran over to the corner of the section and tried to get the crowd to stand up and make more noise.... we got the finger from a few people, laughed at by others.... was sad actually. It seemed like if the action wasn't on their side of the field they didn't care.
    People dont respond too well to a grown man in a sweater, skirt, and pom poms. It's time someone let ya know

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    I was at the UNI game, there were many times the crowd was behind the defense on 1st and 2nd downs. How much of a factor was the crowd in the UNI game? In my mind, very little as UNI only had one false start due to the crowd(that I recall). A good team (UNI) will be able to overcome the noise by a slient count. However the players fed off the energy of the crowd yes!! This is where the crowd will provide the biggest boost, sustaining a high emotion level throughout the whole game.
    I would add a time out in there.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    People dont respond too well to a grown man in a sweater, skirt, and pom poms. It's time someone let ya know
    It always seems to get a "rise" out of you Hando.... just saying.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Although the atmosphere is better in the dome, no follow through exists and it turns out to a lot of starts and stops.

For Example.

The president throwing t shirts to the students. The introduce the president, little noise and the then nothing. While the president throws a few shirts and may or may not may the big scene. Have him on the scene, have it last louder in the staduims eye, have a theme song that goes along with it.

The introduction where the team comes out. It is one of the best one minute montages in college sports. But make two minutes or 3. Have it build. UND with the hockey opening has a lot more history.

They travel across the entire 350 miles of i-94 in 40 seconds. Flash more town, flash the bison greats, vary it week to week, keep it fresh.

The team comes out fireworks comes out and it goes from loud noise to lights and dead silence, transition to the national anthem.

Halftime is bad. I remember with the big haltime promotion was throwing the footballs into the hot tub. The promotion was do done in 1 minute, when is this a grap.

I am not saying you need constant loud music, and two bit entertainment, but there is 30-40 minutes from 10 minutes before the game through the end of the game that a production should be in place, versus the stops and starts.