Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NDSU & Youngstown have won a combined 13 National Championships

Default Re: NDSU & Youngstown have won a combined 13 National Championships

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    If we win and UNI loses to SUU (hey, it could happen), then we would clinch I believe.
    SUU isnt a conference team and has 0 bearing on the MVFC.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Because if we win it...that means that UNI fans can't get pumped up about it. Hence, the "I have something that you want but can't have" complex.
    We have plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Winning the conference championship was the teams #1 goal for this year. It's also a great first step on the way to winning the National Championship.
    It might have been the teams goal but I can show all y'all several posts that say your fans don't care. At least that is what they say on here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Champions View Post
    It might have been the teams goal but I can show all y'all several posts that say your fans don't care. At least that is what they say on here.
    Believe me its a big deal but the ultimate goal is a deep playoff run and National Championship. To do that we need the #1 seed. To get the #1 seed means a Conference Championship

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Believe me its a big deal but the ultimate goal is a deep playoff run and National Championship. To do that we need the #1 seed. To get the #1 seed means a Conference Championship
    This is right on.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

We have plenty.
    If you haven't won one...there's nothing that we want. You have a nice team...but others have been similar.

I have read on here several times that you guys aren't about CONFERENCE Championships? Why get pumped up for that?
    If it happens we'll hang a banner after the season. The ultimate goal is to win a national championship. It'd be our 9th. We have a load of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th...etc. finishes...and even more conference titles. I've forgotten how many.

Yir right. We've been spoiled by national titles...so some of us have an attitude about conference championships.

Yir too young to know about this, but I actually remember the days when you guys stayed home while we were bowling it and winning national championships. Ya see kid...DII was a LOT stronger then 'cause there wasn't a DI-AA or FCA. We were in the same division. UNI was chippy as hell. Nothing's changed.

Have ya noticed the 'class' that YSU fans have had during their visits here? You wouldn't know what it is. We've met them a few times in the playoffs. They've always been athletic and extremely competitive. And that's an understatement.

Put yir fist in a bucket of water...pull it out...and notice the impression that you've made.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    If it happens we'll hang a banner after the season. The ultimate goal is to win a national championship. It'd be our 9th. We have a load of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th...etc. finishes...and even more conference titles. I've forgotten how many.

Yir right. We've been spoiled by national titles...so some of us have an attitude about conference championships.

Yir too young to know about this, but I actually remember the days when you guys stayed home while we were bowling it and winning national championships. Ya see kid...DII was a LOT stronger then 'cause there wasn't a DI-AA or FCA. We were in the same division. UNI was chippy as hell. Nothing's changed.

Have ya noticed the 'class' that YSU fans have had during their visits here? You wouldn't know what it is. We've met them a few times in the playoffs. They've always been athletic and extremely competitive. And that's an understatement.

Put yir fist in a bucket of water...pull it out...and notice the impression that you've made.

Now CA. If its warm water, he may just piss himself.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

We have plenty.
    That's all you have. We're happy for ya.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I for one would prefer the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl against the MAC winner. Doesn't that sound better?