Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindberg and Kading

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Lindberg and Kading

So I missed the game Saturday cuz I was out of town, but I noticed Kading listed in the box score. Just curious if this was a bit of a trial to consider pulling his redshirt. I agree with what was said in another thread that I'd reall like to see him keep this redshirt season so he can contribute in full force for 4 years, but I know with Nagel ineligible and Carlson out a month or so we are a little thin in the front court. Any word on his current status?

Also, in regards to reshirting, I've noticed Lindberg got 0 minutes against MSUM as did Lundberg. Don't know how much they played against the Cobbers but if Lindberg is only gonna be seeing a handful of minutes the way these rotations are working is it worth not having him redshirt this season? To me right now a 4th PG is less important than a back-up post player. I personally would like to see them both redshirt from what I've seen so far. Thoughts?

Default Re: Lindberg and Kading

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    So I missed the game Saturday cuz I was out of town, but I noticed Kading listed in the box score. Just curious if this was a bit of a trial to consider pulling his redshirt. I agree with what was said in another thread that I'd reall like to see him keep this redshirt season so he can contribute in full force for 4 years, but I know with Nagel ineligible and Carlson out a month or so we are a little thin in the front court. Any word on his current status?

Also, in regards to reshirting, I've noticed Lindberg got 0 minutes against MSUM as did Lundberg. Don't know how much they played against the Cobbers but if Lindberg is only gonna be seeing a handful of minutes the way these rotations are working is it worth not having him redshirt this season? To me right now a 4th PG is less important than a back-up post player. I personally would like to see them both redshirt from what I've seen so far. Thoughts?
    I think I am hearing that Kading is redshirting. I don't know what is up with Lundberg, but I really hope Lindberg redshirts. We need to stretch some of those scholly's. If Lindberg is playing a lot in these exhibition games it tells me he is very close to LA and pushing for heavy minutes. He might be hurt too. We already have Braun that can run the point if needed, Lundberg could be a good backup, and people are saying Zastrow is still going to play a little bit. I am going to be upset if Linberg's redshirt is burned for something like 5 mintues a game. That isn't even enough for him to get quality PT experience.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I think I am hearing that Kading is redshirting. I don't know what is up with Lundberg, but I really hope Lindberg redshirts. We need to stretch some of those scholly's. If Lindberg is playing a lot in these exhibition games it tells me he is very close to LA and pushing for heavy minutes. He might be hurt too. We already have Braun that can run the point if needed, Lundberg could be a good backup, and people are saying Zastrow is still going to play a little bit. I am going to be upset if Linberg's redshirt is burned for something like 5 mintues a game. That isn't even enough for him to get quality PT experience.
    It only takes one letter to become ultra confusing. Is something out of the ordinary for lundberg? Or did you mean Lindberg? I think you meant lundberg, but it could be lindberg.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    It only takes one letter to become ultra confusing. Is something out of the ordinary for lundberg? Or did you mean Lindberg? I think you meant lundberg, but it could be lindberg.
    Both Lundberg and Lindberg saw limited 2nd half action vs Concordia. Lundberg might have had only a minute or 2 in the MSUM game, Lindberg not at all. Kading was limited time also in the Concordia game in the 2nd half.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think he was talking about Lundberg because we haven't seen much of him, I only stayed until the end of regulation of the MSUM game but he hadn't seen any time yet, as I said before I missed the Concordia game but not sure how much he saw for minutes. To me it appears as though the PG rotation is going LA, Hale and Nate which if that's the case Lundberg as a senior might as well be the 4th option, no point wasting a redshirt year on a kid who is gonna see 2-3 mins a game. The way the offseason sounded it was 50/50 with him and LA, I'm not sure if he's hurt or if the staff has not see the progress they wanted so far, but to me I think having Lindberg and Kading for the next 4 years is better than having them getting a combined 10 mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    I don't give a fuck which one is who, as long as he gives me my stapler back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrU_n...eature=related

If he makes me give back, I will set the building on fire.

talk to me when they touch the floor.
    “It's been an age of discovery, I guess. That's a way to put it. Everything is a new experience and we've been competitive in 99.9 percent of the games we've played in and won some of them.”

Saul Phillips

Kading will redshirt, great upside. Already has the body. Going to spend the year working on his back to the basket game and ball skills. Will be able to play some 4 and 5 after this year. Already even with Aaberg. Helps to get him a year away from Aaberg and Bjorklund.

Lindberg is our backup PG. He will play this year and is the steady pass first point guard that we need. Has the size that we need to defend and has the calm leadership qualities this young team will need. Can play well with LA.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

dude that is awesome. thanks I usually know it all.
    “It's been an age of discovery, I guess. That's a way to put it. Everything is a new experience and we've been competitive in 99.9 percent of the games we've played in and won some of them.”

Saul Phillips

what happened to unbison? did he go to wal mart?