Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Superstitions

Default Re: Superstitions

Vigen and I each have one superstition.

I have note made an NDSU score prediction other than picking us every time in the pick em contest.

Vigens??! Don't run the FB! Sorry Tony!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

1. Put on a t-shirt of a car stereo company...company doesn't matter, the fact that I'm wearing it does.
    2. Put on #16 green jersey
    3. Pick up my buddy Brad from his apartment
    4. Drive to game
    5. Make some smart@$$ commend about the mound of dirt at the south end of the row of trees separating the west paved lot from the grass parking area. (Usually to the effect of "Wow, ND has resorted to building hills to counter the notion that we are flat" to which Brad replies "I wonder if they got them from Hill Co/Hill & Sons/etc..." yes we have a weird sense of humor)
    6. Find Frisco Cruiser and do some end zone bombs with friends
    7. Be the guy to finish at least one Das Boot
    8. Stagger into dome
    9. Scream my lungs out
    10. Regain voice on Tuesday/Wednesday

I normally don't believe in this crap, but I've worn the same NDSU Bison long sleeve t-shirt every game day this fall. I'm not saying, just saying. I plan on wearing the shirt the rest of the season.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I continue to belly laugh at the BudLight commercials "It is only weird if it doesn't work". I'm still wearing the same jersey and I haven't washed it since last years NC game victory. Ironically our only lose last year I wore a new yellow polo I bought during the week for gold out weekend if I remember correctly. I have added to my superstitious behavior.

Wear same jeans every week
    Still buy a program every week
    Never throw away a ticket stub
    Wear same ball cap (2011 yellow NC)
    Won't shave on game day
    Still refuse to read newspaper on game day

It is only weird if it doesn't work!!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A team that has not lost any game in Conference has never won FCS championship.

I heard this during our first FCS Championship game
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    A team that has not lost any game in Conference has never won FCS championship.

I heard this on the radio when we played Sam Houston first time.
    As is said: "There is a first time for everything."
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

NDSU has never lost a game if I have done shots of my homemade redeye with fans of the opposing team before the game. I make a point of wandering the tailgate lot with a bottle and a stack of shot glasses tucked into my hoodie pouch looking for opposing fans during every tailgate.

I think of them as traditions instead of superstitions. My only big one is to always wear Bison gear for college football and Vikings gear for pro football. I felt funny at the 2010 playoff game in Bozeman since I didn't have any cold weather Bison gear and I wore a Vikings jacket. After the win, we did order some sweatshirts, jackets, and a scarf from the NDSU bookstore with express shipping so we would have it for the next game in Cheney.
    It's OK to not be OK.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    As is said: "There is a first time for everything."
    I like that
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Whenever I make a game, I have to leave my seat and wander the concourse somewhere around 6 minutes before halftime and return sometime in the 3rd quarter. I have missed some awesome plays (Heagle/Williams TD before half against the Goophs) but it is obvious those awesome plays would have never happened if I stayed in my seat