Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Superstitions

Default Re: Superstitions

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I washed my lucky hat, assuming it had lost too much mojo in all the dirt and grime. Should be good for another 5 years now!
    YOu washed a lucky hat? Never Never Never.

I washed my Favre Jersey right before the NFC championship in New Orleans because it was starting to stink. HOW DID THAT WORK OUT? HMMMM??
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post

I washed my Favre Jersey right before the NFC championship in New Orleans because it was starting to stink. HOW DID THAT WORK OUT? HMMMM??
    Well it didn't work out for the JMU game no matter what I did that worked before on other games (GSU Semi #2, Championship against ISUr, Oklahoma (bball) list goes on and on) So figured mojo was stuck under the grime and dirt, it's white so it was looking pretty terrible and I like the way it looks clean, and it was clean back when we started the run so...

If we really tank next year tag this post and then we will have to work on fixing it's luck!

In regards to your Vikings/NO game I wore my Robert Smith jersey for that game, that I was wearing when we lost the 98 championship... and actually started wearing it every week this year at the end of the season after things started to fall apart (I'm trying to get rid of all the bad mojo, and it's obviously working look how bad this season went! )

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post

So it was you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    So it was you.....
    Yes.*

* = or Petersons countless fumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Well it didn't work out for the JMU game no matter what I did that worked before on other games (GSU Semi #2, Championship against ISUr, Oklahoma (bball) list goes on and on) So figured mojo was stuck under the grime and dirt, it's white so it was looking pretty terrible and I like the way it looks clean, and it was clean back when we started the run so...

If we really tank next year tag this post and then we will have to work on fixing it's luck!

In regards to your Vikings/NO game I wore my Robert Smith jersey for that game, that I was wearing when we lost the 98 championship... and actually started wearing it every week this year at the end of the season after things started to fall apart (I'm trying to get rid of all the bad mojo, and it's obviously working look how bad this season went! )
    You may as well throw it away now. Washing a lucky hat is not only on page 1 of the superstition handbook, but Im pretty sure its on page on of the "How to care for a hat" handbook.

I think that I'm going to retire my lucky 5-peat Bison gear. My hat has been chewed by dogs and is being held together with green duct tape. My tattered yellow Snorty t-shirt's neck is stretched out to the point that it looks like the sweatshirt from Flashdance had a baby with the Fairy Flag of Dunvegan Castle. Also, unsurprisingly, the drinking elbow areas of my lucky Bison zip-up sweatshirt are completely gone.

Two questions:

1. Do I give the old gear a Viking funeral or do I preserve it all in a glass case or something?
    2. Do I need to get the new gear consecrated? If so, what should the ceremony involve?
    Last edited by tony; 01-12-2017 at 07:10 PM. Reason: forgot tattered

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I think that I'm going to retire my lucky 5-peat Bison gear. My hat has been chewed by dogs and is being held together with green duct tape. My yellow Snorty t-shirt's neck is stretched out to the point that it looks like the sweatshirt from Flashdance had a baby with the Fairy Flag of Dunvegan Castle. Also, unsurprisingly, the drinking elbow areas of my lucky Bison zip-up sweatshirt are completely gone.

Two questions:

1. Do I give the old gear a Viking funeral or do I preserve it all in a glass case or something?
    2. Do I need to get the new gear consecrated? If so, what should the ceremony involve?
    Whatever you do...just don't wash the hat.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I think that I'm going to retire my lucky 5-peat Bison gear. My hat has been chewed by dogs and is being held together with green duct tape. My tattered yellow Snorty t-shirt's neck is stretched out to the point that it looks like the sweatshirt from Flashdance had a baby with the Fairy Flag of Dunvegan Castle. Also, unsurprisingly, the drinking elbow areas of my lucky Bison zip-up sweatshirt are completely gone.

Two questions:

Burn it. Beer should be served.
    Buy your stuff asap. Now is the time as we are starting a new run.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

I like this thread, pretty funny in a good way; and you all sound similar to the most die-hard of hockey fans. Hockey players are the most superstitious in of all sports.

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    I like this thread, pretty funny in a good way; and you all sound similar to the most die-hard of hockey fans. Hockey players are the most superstitious in of all sports.
    Really? I would guess baseball.