Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Superstitions

Default Superstitions

Who has them and what are they. Personally, this year I don't read the Saturday paper. I always buy a game program home or away, and I wear the same jersey(actually I haven't washed it in three weeks) every game day. So I'm almost positive all this has helped the perfect record.

On another note it pisses me off beyond belief when the away team stays in the locker room until after the national anthem is over. I was so glad that the only away game I attended this year (Minnesota). I was able to see the bison stand with pride on the sideline during the national anthem. What does the away team gain by not standing on the line like the home team? Complete disrespect!!!!!

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Superstitions

I've worn the same yellow Bison Nation shirt I've had since I was a freshman in college ('99).

The National Anthem stuff doesn't make me angry at all. I guess I'll find other things to get mad about... like not being able to get 1 yd on 3 and 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb Bison View Post
    On another note it pisses me off beyond belief when the away team stays in the locker room until after the national anthem is over. I was so glad that the only away game I attended this year (Minnesota). I was able to see the bison stand with pride on the sideline during the national anthem. What does the away team gain by not standing on the line like the home team? Complete disrespect!!!!!
    This is dictated by the home team. FWIW I agree with you.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

1. I don't make a prediction of the game
    2. I do the same routine every Saturday morning before the game. I put on the same clothes, down to the same pair of boxers, but they are all freshly washed.
    3. Haven't washed my jersey all season.
    4. I make sure I get a cut somewhere from the bus during tailgating, so far it has happened every game I've been in the bus.
    5. First shot to x-0(will be 10-0 this next weekend)

I probably have smaller things I can't think of right now.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I refuse to make predictions.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Never heard that the home dictates if the visting team comes out for the National Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by FarSouth Bison View Post
    Never heard that the home dictates if the visting team comes out for the National Anthem.
    The pregame is scripted down to the minute. Who, what, where, when, how. I'm about 99% certian on this one--I asked the question before.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

no superstitions at all, none.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    1. I don't make a prediction of the game
    2. I do the same routine every Saturday morning before the game. I put on the same clothes, down to the same pair of boxers, but they are all freshly washed.
    3. Haven't washed my jersey all season.
    4. I make sure I get a cut somewhere from the bus during tailgating, so far it has happened every game I've been in the bus.
    5. First shot to x-0(will be 10-0 this next weekend)

I probably have smaller things I can't think of right now.
    I've had the same pair of game day boxers (American Eagle camouflage) I've been wearing since the Mississippi Valley State game in 2007...Washed, of course.

I also wear my Nike #11 authentic white to home games and my Nike #11 authentic green during away games.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I've had the same pair of game day boxers (American Eagle camouflage) I've been wearing since the Mississippi Valley State game in 2007...Washed, of course.

I also wear my Nike #11 authentic white to home games and my Nike #11 authentic green during away games.
    Any coincidence my selected pair of boxers is also American Eagle brand?

I find most of my superstitions come about subconsciously. It ends up becoming conscious and I just prevent myself from changing things as the wins pile up lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.