Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wide Reciever ???????

Default Re: Wide Reciever ???????

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Wow! Williams at WR... I just don't see how he could do any timing routes but he definitely has great hands.
    I'm not a great football mind but its easy to learn deep passes...defenses would have to respect him deep. Ill take a 1 on 1 matchup with a short corner every time. That keeps the safety deep and the running game and short passes open up even more. It's the Randy Moss effect.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I'm not a great football mind but its easy to learn deep passes...defenses would have to respect him deep. Ill take a 1 on 1 matchup with a short corner every time. That keeps the safety deep and the running game and short passes open up even more. It's the Randy Moss effect.
    You have to have receivers who can get seperation before you can go long. There has been MANY times where Brock has had ALL FREAKING day to throw the ball but there isnt an open receiver.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

So I am going to assume nobody has any idea what is up with Wahlo? He's done some good things on special teams this year if I am not mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Holloways TD was a 30 yard pass.
    UMMMMMM........it traveled 30 yards in the air. That is a pretty long throw last I checked. Further, if they run the same play from their own 20, and Warren breaks it, it goes down as an 80 yard TD throw. The ball still only travels 30 yards in the air.....

Point? You are way overanalyzing and yes, they are throwing down the field when they can.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    X-Factor, Your crazy if you think we are throwing the ball down the field. Jensen has been completing approximately 20 passes a game and he ends up with 200 yds passing. The only pass attempted deep down the field yesterday was the trick play that holloway dropped. Holloways TD was a 30 yard pass. I am talking about stretching the defense once in a while thats it. Last year Jensen would try a deep pass about twice a game. Also, it doesn't bother me when playing good teams to dink and dunk, but long sustained drives consistently against the top notch teams is just difficult, especially with our inconsistent running game. I would just like us to stretch the field once in a while maybe even with Veldman down the seam.
    I understand you are new and all, but what are you looking for? From decent starting position, a 30 yd pass is almost half of the remaining field. That is a pretty damn big play if you ask me. It kind of sounds like you are more interested in the entertainment factor of the game than actually winning, which throwing the ball 40+ yds several times a game isnt going to help win

We had to throw it deep last year, we had no short passing game. The only way to get teams to respect our passing game was to go deep from time to time to stop them for putting 9 in the box. This year, we have the luxury of running whatever passing plays we want. Do you want to throw it deep and have that be a drive killer when it is incomplete, or throw it short, get the first down and kill the clock.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Sh*t. Now we know why they're looking at Williams -> WR.

Izzo Twitter:
    Also Bohl says WR Trevor Gebhart is OUT with broken tibia and Ryan Drevlow OUT 3-4 weeks with MCL strain
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Is Dante Perez still alive? I thought he was going to move to WR. Seesh. These injuries are stacking up. I'd rather see Ojuir in the backfield and DJ in the slot than to see M-Will play significantly at the WR position.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    So I am going to assume nobody has any idea what is up with Wahlo? He's done some good things on special teams this year if I am not mistaken?
    The only thing we can assume is that he is just not grasping the offense, which is why we say Hansena and Moody alot yesterday. It is a little alarming to me that Marcus would be a better option at WR than Cooper who has been at the position for 3 years basically. I just hope that Vraa and Gebhart make it back before the playoffs healthy. I thought they were saying going into this year that Wahlo was the fastest receiver we had... if so, why doesnt he run a couple of these routes that we always see going deep to Warren...I would figure that Warren would warrant more attention in coverage..maybe they forget about Wahlo completely or leave it as single coverage only and he can break some long catches by outrunning the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Sh*t. Now we know why they're looking at Williams -> WR.

Izzo Twitter:
    They said something about this on saturday...can't remember if it was on the radio coverage, or where I heard it though.