Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bison D needs??!!

Default Re: Bison D needs??!!

Wow, if you are ragging on our D, mustn't be much else bad going on. Held the number one rushing back to under 100yds and gave up 17 points on the road to a pretty good team. Forgot the 2 takeaways as well. Blown coverage and missed tackles aren't good but shit happens. Watching LSU/Bama game and argueably the 2 best teams/defenses in the country and they have had blown coverages and missed tackles.

These games are slugfests. If you come out alive you've had a good day. Winning is an option.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I'll say it again. We held one of the best RB's in FCS to 70 some yards. There was one really bad play that we gave up a deep pass...but even them we caught them and held them. The Defense has been one of our X factors this year. I heard today that we are 2nd in defensive scoring this year. NTS! (Not to shabby)
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Can't tell from replays--not enough field shown. What I do know is that we must be showing something or it wouldn't continue to happen.

Only thing worse than our D is the device at Gastropub--just sayin!!

CAN I GET AN EFFIN DRINK??!!
    Seems to be a common theme these days. I'm tempted to tell the waitress/server from the get go that her/his tip will be dependent on the quality of service. Too many of them just expect 15-20% GIVEN to them.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bisontwice View Post
    Wow, if you are ragging on our D, mustn't be much else bad going on. Held the number one rushing back to under 100yds and gave up 17 points on the road to a pretty good team. Forgot the 2 takeaways as well. Blown coverage and missed tackles aren't good but shit happens. Watching LSU/Bama game and argueably the 2 best teams/defenses in the country and they have had blown coverages and missed tackles.
    Yeah, I watched the LSU-Bama game from start to finish. I saw blown coverages and missed tackles as well. Holy cow they have some good defensive lines.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I'll say it again. We held one of the best RB's in FCS to 70 some yards. There was one really bad play that we gave up a deep pass...but even them we caught them and held them. The Defense has been one of our X factors this year. I heard today that we are 2nd in defensive scoring this year. NTS! (Not to shabby)
    We were #1 until after the UNI game(they were #2).

And I found this nugget:

Indiana State running back Shakir Bell was held under 100 yards for the first time since Week 2 in a 27-16 loss to North Dakota State. The sophomore, who was shaken up early on an awkward tackle, carried 16 times for 79 yards

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/1...#ixzz1cwQ0Xsmw
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Seems to be a common theme these days. I'm tempted to tell the waitress/server from the get go that her/his tip will be dependent on the quality of service. Too many of them just expect 15-20% GIVEN to them.
    To be fair, it wasn't the failure of the wait staff at GP on Sat, it was a failure of the management to not have enough staff on hand.

[QUOTE=Hammersmith;551326]To be fair, it wasn't the failure of the wait staff at GP on Sat, it was a failure of the management to not have enough staff on hand.[/QUOTE

I suppose these posts can be moved to the restaurant thread....... but I went out to lunch on Friday (wasn't at Gastropub) and our App came after our entree.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Going into the weekend we were 2nd in the nation in scoring and 17th in the nation in total defense! We have at times given up yardage but are very stingy in the red zone and are 4th in the nation in TO margin!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Going into the weekend we were 2nd in the nation in scoring and 17th in the nation in total defense! We have at times given up yardage but are very stingy in the red zone and are 4th in the nation in TO margin!
    A good potion of the TO margin is due to the offense. NDSU is the only DI team (FCS and FBS) that has committed fewer than 5 turnovers.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved