Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bison D needs??!!

Default Re: Bison D needs??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    The D didn't play great but they gave up 10 points until garbage time, 17 total and forced at least 2 TOs. We should win if they do that.
    I agree. They kept one of the FCS top running backs in check.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

The D is a banged up, hurting unit. That they were able to keep a potent offense off the board today (for the most part) is commendable.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Let's just get healthy before playoffs. That's all I can ask for
    We are NDSU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    The D is a banged up, hurting unit. That they were able to keep a potent offense off the board today (for the most part) is commendable.

No doubt....I am still baffled by some of the blown coverages. The turf monster last week and the long play today can't happen.

Need Mr Miyagi in the training room
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Defense played better in the 2nd half! Offense went to sleep after the first 3 drives! Early on I was sure we were going to put 50 points on them!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Defense played better in the 2nd half! Offense went to sleep after the first 3 drives! Early on I was sure we were going to put 50 points on them!
    Went to sleep?? How about Indy State has a very good team that came out that second half and played very well. I was honestly more impressed with them today then I was with UNI last week.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Can't tell from replays--not enough field shown. What I do know is that we must be showing something or it wouldn't continue to happen.

Only thing worse than our D is the device at Gastropub--just sayin!!

CAN I GET AN EFFIN DRINK??!!
    Did you mean service? It was not good?

Seems the middle is open too much.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Went to sleep?? How about Indy State has a very good team that came out that second half and played very well. I was honestly more impressed with them today then I was with UNI last week.
    I agree the Sycs. are a good team! They made some adjustments on defense obviously! We had 193 yards of offense on our first 3 drives and finished with 343 total yards. That was the best start offensively to a game that we have had all season! We struggled after that, but yes, give The Sycs some credit! Better than UNI, not in my opinion!

It looked to me like after the first 3 drives they started to roll the safety down and put 8 in the box and that slowed our running game way down and we were unable to make them pay through the air like I would have expected. I just didn't see Brock audible to a better play. I think that is the part of his game that the coaches need to let him go with and He will then be a complete QB.

D needs to wrap and keep head up definitely, but it seemed to be a case of slow down the sycamores and try to not give up the big play today more than normal and it worked well. Wow does Bell run good and low. He drove with the legs quite a few times and also had our guys bouncing off up high a bunch. He down right got lower than them and if he hadn't got dinged up it might have been a little closer.