Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-Game Radio Coverage in Fargo

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Pre-Game Radio Coverage in Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    This is the pregame show on KFGO? And is their stream available on the internet?
    Yes, Gellner's show is called the Bison Tailgate Show and he broadcasts for an hour before the pregame show from The Ground Round, home of yada yada, The Ground Round, don't forget teh Ground Round. I've enjoyed having 1.5 hours of coverage before the game and I think Ryan does a nice job.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan View Post
    I'm not sure how many of you may call in after the game (other than KyRo, he's a given every game) but I've just been disgusted with some of the callers and their negative attitudes. Two thirds of the callers start off their calls with "the Bison played good tonight, but..." Or my personal favorite from last week, "The Bison got totally out coached on that 4th down when UNI lined up to punt and then switched it up and went for it" and the guy made it sound like our coaches are just totally incompetent. It was 1 flippin play. Did they catch us off guard? Yes. But did UNI win the fricken game because of it? Obviously not. Ryan kind of argued with the guy for a while and finally just said agree to disagree and moved on to the next caller. Matter of fact this week I'll probably wait for Kyle's call and then shut the damn thing off.

Also I'm pissed off that WDAY dropped the saturday morning sports show. It was nice to listen to on the drive up to the games in the morning and to have in the background while tailgating. /rant
    Agree! What a joke of a call. I would love it if Ryan would get a little bit of an attitude with some of these type of callers.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not sure how many of you may call in after the game (other than KyRo, he's a given every game) but I've just been disgusted with some of the callers and their negative attitudes. Two thirds of the callers start off their calls with "the Bison played good tonight, but..." Or my personal favorite from last week, "The Bison got totally out coached on that 4th down when UNI lined up to punt and then switched it up and went for it" and the guy made it sound like our coaches are just totally incompetent. It was 1 flippin play. Did they catch us off guard? Yes. But did UNI win the fricken game because of it? Obviously not. Ryan kind of argued with the guy for a while and finally just said agree to disagree and moved on to the next caller. Matter of fact this week I'll probably wait for Kyle's call and then shut the damn thing off.

Also I'm pissed off that WDAY dropped the saturday morning sports show. It was nice to listen to on the drive up to the games in the morning and to have in the background while tailgating. /rant
    Yeah I heard this one too and just blew it off. Of course they beat us on ONE play, it happens. We are playing a good team, it's going to happen.

My favorite though was something to the effect of "I'm happy we won the game, but we could have lost." Well last time I checked when you are talking about a college football game. You either win or lose.

I normally don't listen to that call in show because a lot of the calls are that bad and a whole lot of nothing gets said.

Ha, it's funny you mention that. I usually listen in on my drive home after the game and the radio nerd always kicks in enough for me to call and every time I tell them "Hey, it's Kyle from Fargo," and the guy vetting calls answers "You say Tom from Fargo?" "No, Kyle." "Oh, gotcha." Anyway, this past week the guy actually went "Shoot, I do that every time you call in." I had to laugh.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!