Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Uni's

Default Re: New Uni's

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    That's the only card you guys play...

Explain to me the disaster that would occur if Bison BB/FB installed last names on the back of their jerseys. I can think of TONS of college BB/FB teams around the country that have a deep commitment to their team and strong player chemistry and have last names on the back of their jerseys.I guess I'm not even going to say anymore that there SHOULD be last names on the back, rather that it shouldn't mean anything less if there are last names on the back.

Seems like it's an idea that Bison fans like to avoid, like something horrible would occur if it was instituted...
    Thats nice. But you havent given one good reason to put names on the back. All you seem to want to do is change everything just to change it because somebody else is doing it.

So please explain.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    That's the only card you guys play...

Explain to me the disaster that would occur if Bison BB/FB installed last names on the back of their jerseys. I can think of TONS of college BB/FB teams around the country that have a deep commitment to their team and strong player chemistry and have last names on the back of their jerseys.

I guess I'm not even going to say anymore that there SHOULD be last names on the back, rather that it shouldn't mean anything less if there are last names on the back.

Seems like it's an idea that Bison fans like to avoid, like something horrible would occur if it was instituted...
    Nope. In the words of Mike Favor, it's the "Bison way"....
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That is correct.
    The path that is most traveled is not necessarily the best path to follow.----(somebody real old said this along time ago)
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That is correct.
    The path that is most traveled is not necessarily the best path to follow.----(somebody real old said this along time ago)
    Besides. If there are no names on the unis, program sales will increase.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Don't the Fighting Irish teams not have their names on the back either? I'd say they're one of the many football programs with a lot of tradition. I know they have put names on occasionally but it seems they try to avoid it also. It's a Bison tradition that has stuck, you play as a team and you win and lose as a team.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bison teams stress the team, not the individual. There is no explaining this to Bisonator though, he doesn't even get Dacotah Field...no way he would understand this.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Don't the Fighting Irish teams not have their names on the back either? I'd say they're one of the many football programs with a lot of tradition. I know they have put names on occasionally but it seems they try to avoid it also. It's a Bison tradition that has stuck, you play as a team and you win and lose as a team.
    Lou Holtz took the names off the back of their football uniforms. That was in like 1986 or 1987
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

When Spank speaks you should listen..
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Schools and professional teams for that matter have name plates created out of the same material and sewn on the jerseys, so they would not have to be replaced. I respect the feelings others have but I don't share the same feelings. Duke stresses team ball more than any other program and they have names on theirs. I like it and the name changes are cheap and easy. Just myopinion.

how does a last name on a jersey make somebody selfish?