Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Uni's

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default New Uni's

So with the disaster that is the GDT from Tuesday I decided to put this in it's own thread so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. I just noticed the new Nike uniforms we had goin on and wanted to see what everybody thinks of em. I personally thought they were pretty bad ass. Interested to see what the Green one's look like!

Trim is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: New Uni's

They were OK. Did the shorts get even longer?
    "I'll whoop your ass boy!" -Ron Hunter

I thought they looked awesome. For those who did not see in person; smaller letters on the front than before. Looked like a lot of other DI team's jerseys I see out there. Also, the letters on the back are now in a block style font pretty similar to the numbers on the football jerseys. Down the sides of the shorts there are abou 4 green and yellow blocks and near the waist a green and yellow B. Tough to explain the shorts, I guess you have to just see them. They only got new home jerseys this year. They are getting new road ones next year. I am guessing they have the same yellow third jersey as before.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Will the new jerseys help us beat DII schools?

I feel better after watching Northern State University (Aberdeen) beat Butler last night in an "exhibition" game. Still pissed we lost.

I like the new look, it was time for an upgrade.

I believe they got new road uniforms for last season. Here's some visual evidence: http://www.gobison.com/PhotoAlbum.db...&PALBID=390533

And speaking of the seemingly longer shorts, yeah they definitely are. These uniforms are modeled on the "System of Dress" that Nike debuted several years ago (tighter jerseys, baggier shorts). Personally, I think the shorts are too baggy, but that's because I'm more of a traditionalist I guess.

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The material looked a lot lighter than last year's jersies. I personally liked them. Maybe they were so impressed by the new jersies, it threw them off a bit???
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Still no last names on the back.

Are just trying to be different than every other school, or what's the deal with that??...
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Still no last names on the back.

Are just trying to be different than every other school, or what's the deal with that??...
    The name is on the front....
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Agree with the 'ol "Name on the front is more important than the name on the back" theory. Schools that put names on the back have to replace those jerseys when the player is gone. It is cheaper to leave them blank.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Agree with the 'ol "Name on the front is more important than the name on the back" theory. Schools that put names on the back have to replace those jerseys when the player is gone. It is cheaper to leave them blank.
    I disagree with your first opinion, but if it saves money to not have a name on the back, then I agree with you on that.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz