Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison in the FCS and not the FBS

Default Re: Bison in the FCS and not the FBS

Seems like the best conference games from a fan's perspective our SDSU and UNI and NDSU has an NCC history with both teams.

USD will probably be pretty good too. I'd hate to lose those games - I like the blend of old and new.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Champions View Post
    You will learn quickly that there are BUNCH of delusional douche bags on here.
    Nice avatar. It's a shame you couldn't change it to that kittie pic I'm sure you had lined up.

Damn shame.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Seems like the best conference games from a fan's perspective our SDSU and UNI and NDSU has an NCC history with both teams.

USD will probably be pretty good too. I'd hate to lose those games - I like the blend of old and new.
    I like the blend, too. I haven't made up my mind about FCS/FBS. The transition to FCS has gone so smoothly it's shaped my view of how a further transition to FBS would go. If the MVFC as a whole made a push for FBS, I'd probably support it in word but probably not financially until I have more income (or my values change) to dispose on such a move. If the Big 10 begged us to join (...), I'd probably throw in a small one-time donation. The atmosphere at TCF this year was something I'd love to have at every game.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyptubas View Post
    I am pretty sure that those who talk about the Bison moving to the FBS are just hypothesizing, and that's actually what I'm doing too. I haven't heard any actual news of this occurring. However, I'm curious as to what people here on Bisonville would think of that. Personally, for now, I want the Bison to stay in the FCS. I would think it would be very unlikely that the Bison would jump from FCS to a BCS conferences ( however with all the shuffling of conferences who knows?) and that is what my hypothesis rests on. I believe, as I think Montana figured out, that there is a certain prestige in the top tier of FCS football. Say for the sake of argument we were accepted into the Mid-American conference: what chance do we and frankly any of these teams have at finishing high enough in the BCS to go to a BCS bowl game?? It may be becuase many of the MAC teams are outside of the FM media market, but I really don't know anything about many of these teams! Bowling Green? Ohio? Buffalo? I know of Toledo because they got some ESPN exposure from playing Ohio State and Boise State. I may be barking up the wrong tree, but I'd rather be top of the FCS than lost in the shuffle of a mid-major that has little to no chance at playing for a BCS title/bowl game.

Thoughts?
    Not this again.......................

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Not this again.......................
    There should be a counter on the home page that says "We've gone x number of days since our last FBS discussion....." Probably wouldn't get much higher than 1.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I met Lakes this weekend and besides every other word being F*ck it was BCS! Kinda funny!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    ...your (2011 Champions) test results showed its not worth the cost and trying to teach you would be a waste of resources.
    I agree with your assessment of "our friend" except that we can make a clinical diagnosis--no tests necessary.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

27-19

I can use this response all year.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Thats why I dont go to the UNI message board.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

You are still hurt that you lost, aren't you? It's absolutely hilarious.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.