Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison in the FCS and not the FBS

Default Re: Bison in the FCS and not the FBS

The FCS is a great level of competition. With 63 scholarships, we're not that far off from the 85 FBS teams get but are dramatically more than the 35 D2 gets. The top FCS teams can compete with and even beat most FBS teams outside of the top 20 ranked teams. The level of competion is great. The conference is great. But the most exciting part of FCS is it has a TRUE PLAYOFF SYSTEM! Nothing outside of a BCS Bowl is better than the FCS playoffs. Your talking about a true National Championship. Every playoff game is tougher than hell and that makes the Championship one heck of an accomplishment. The road to the Championshp is harder since you need to win more games to be Champions. Heck if your an at large team, you need to win 4 games just to get to the Championship game. With the added games means finer tuned teams and better quality football.

I don't think any lower tier bowl would ever excite me as much as the playoffs.

Let's pretend we we go to the MAC and win the title and play a team like Purdue (who we could compete with right now) in a lower tier owl game, would that excite you more than an FCS Championship? Hell as fun as this year has been, it's just starting! Hell we need to win 7 or 8 more games to be National Champions!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

jimmyptubas is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This was kind of my point exactly even though I did not mention the playoffs! How exciting could the "music city bowl" be when we could be National Champs? I know we are getting ahead of ourselves and it appears there are many who have differing opinions though.

We need to stay in FCS and focus all extra attention/resources on getting the BSA upgrade done and building the men's bb program's consistency. Then if we want to do more, try to get in the Valley for bb (I know that's a long shot according to Valley fans). To me Valley bb and FCS football are the perfect level for NDSU.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How many tines have we covered this? Anyway, its a good thread for mid January!

I can't believe this subject has never come up on Bisonville before. This subject should be discussed at length.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyptubas View Post
    This was kind of my point exactly even though I did not mention the playoffs! How exciting could the "music city bowl" be when we could be National Champs? I know we are getting ahead of ourselves and it appears there are many who have differing opinions though.
    You will learn quickly that there are BUNCH of delusional douche bags on here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Champions View Post
    One less when you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Champions View Post
    Shouldn't you be in school?

Oh wait, your test results showed its not worth the cost and trying to teach you would be a waste of resources.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Shouldn't you be in school?

Oh wait, your test results showed its not worth the cost and trying to teach you would be a waste of resources.
    I thought that was the whole state.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    We need to stay in FCS and focus all extra attention/resources on getting the BSA upgrade done and building the men's bb program's consistency. Then if we want to do more, try to get in the Valley for bb (I know that's a long shot according to Valley fans). To me Valley bb and FCS football are the perfect level for NDSU.
    ^^^^^agreed.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013