I am pretty sure that those who talk about the Bison moving to the FBS are just hypothesizing, and that's actually what I'm doing too. I haven't heard any actual news of this occurring. However, I'm curious as to what people here on Bisonville would think of that. Personally, for now, I want the Bison to stay in the FCS. I would think it would be very unlikely that the Bison would jump from FCS to a BCS conferences ( however with all the shuffling of conferences who knows?) and that is what my hypothesis rests on. I believe, as I think Montana figured out, that there is a certain prestige in the top tier of FCS football. Say for the sake of argument we were accepted into the Mid-American conference: what chance do we and frankly any of these teams have at finishing high enough in the BCS to go to a BCS bowl game?? It may be becuase many of the MAC teams are outside of the FM media market, but I really don't know anything about many of these teams! Bowling Green? Ohio? Buffalo? I know of Toledo because they got some ESPN exposure from playing Ohio State and Boise State. I may be barking up the wrong tree, but I'd rather be top of the FCS than lost in the shuffle of a mid-major that has little to no chance at playing for a BCS title/bowl game.

Thoughts?