Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: do not rush the field

Default do not rush the field

I have learned that if you rush the field you lose the ability to host playoff games.

Djkyro and the athletic staff need to make sure people understand this.

I don't forsee anyone rushing the field against youngstown and Im not sure that would matter even if it did happen.

But people could be tempted depending on a playoff matchup we get.... DO NOT DO IT. Or we lose the ability to host even if we were a #1 seed..
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Default Re: do not rush the field

This is a good thing to bring up, I was in the front of the student section and I heard some discussion from people about rushing the field. They bring additional security over just before the end of the game like they did for UNI, and no one will rush the field.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Do you have a source? Is this a new rule?

Last year, Eastern Washington rushed the field after they beat us...They hosted the next week.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Do you have a source? Is this a new rule?

Last year, Eastern Washington rushed the field after they beat us...They hosted the next week.
    I do have a source but its buried in a thread on another message board. Ill look for it.

App st was concerned they couldnt host because they rushed the field after beating GSU. The thing they quoted said rushing the field rule is only during the playoffs.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Source? I have to see it to believe it. Seems like a dumb rule. Let's say we win vs isu and then win vs Youngstown and win the conference and subsequently rush the field in celebration. You are telling me the NCAA playoff committee would not want a team with 19000 seats to sell with 70% of ticket revenue going to them to host a playoff game? Like, I said, seems dumb
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Really? So this rule should be imposed on all of NCAA football then........no bowl appearance for FBS teams that rush the field. Do a bunch of women make the rules in NCAA football or what? Also, don't understand........how is it a woman is in charge of the MVFC? Is this just because some equal rights group wanted to make a point? I lost all faith in Patty Dipshat when she issued the game suspension to Pat Paschall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Source? I have to see it to believe it. Seems like a dumb rule. Let's say we win vs isu and then win vs Youngstown and win the conference and subsequently rush the field in celebration. You are telling me the NCAA playoff committee would not want a team with 19000 seats to sell with 70% of ticket revenue going to them to host a playoff game? Like, I said, seems dumb
    I just don't understand how you can penalize a team because of the action of their fans.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

http://theapp.appstate.edu/index.php...4269&Itemid=43

The National Collegiate Athletic Association has issued a policy that may threaten Appalachian State University’s possible home football playoff games if fans rush the field.

In an informational memo, the NCAA issued the following statement, “An institution failing to keep its spectators and other unauthorized personnel out of the competition area before, during or after a contest during any round of the championship may, as determined by the football committee, be prohibited from serving as a host for the subsequent round of the championship.”

Convened in 1997, the NCAA Committee on Sportsmanship and Ethical Conduct is responsible for the policy.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I just don't understand how you can penalize a team because of the action of their fans.
    Throw some stuff onto the field and watch what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Really? So this rule should be imposed on all of NCAA football then........no bowl appearance for FBS teams that rush the field. Do a bunch of women make the rules in NCAA football or what? Also, don't understand........how is it a woman is in charge of the MVFC? Is this just because some equal rights group wanted to make a point? I lost all faith in Patty Dipshat when she issued the game suspension to Pat Paschall.
    No it couldnt effect the FBS because they only play 1 post season game and typically they arent hosted by an institution.

If they played multiple postseason games in which they were the host facility, they could be effected.