Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer help

Default Re: Computer help

It's not for everyone, but I like factory refurbished models. At least one company(Fujitsu), sells theirs on ebay. My laptop was originally priced at almost $2k, but I got it for less than $750 after a few tries. You're on your own after 90 days, so I wouldn't recommend it for those that rely on tech support.

I'll also second newegg.

My new lap top I got from Woot and its refurbished. Its got 4 wheel drive. I swear.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

My lab top suddenly stopped detecting wireless signals. Somebody save me with their knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    My lab top suddenly stopped detecting wireless signals. Somebody save me with their knowledge
    Drive immediately out of the trailer park and try again... noob

Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.-Joshua J. Marine

Just making sure, but does your laptop have a button somewhere on the top, front or sides that turns wifi on/off? For example, some HPs have a button next to the power button above the keyboard. If it's blue, wifi is on; if it's red/orange, wifi is off. On other HPs, it's part of a strip that runs along the top of the chassis. Again, blue=on, red=off.

Find and turn the radio switch back on.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Okay, this is weird. The only website I can connect to is Bisonville. I can't even connect to Google. It's looking like a DNS error. Are there any other Cableone customers having internet problems tonight?

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Okay, this is weird. The only website I can connect to is Bisonville. I can't even connect to Google. It's looking like a DNS error. Are there any other Cableone customers having internet problems tonight?
    Please tell me how this is a bad thing???

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBabe View Post
    Please tell me how this is a bad thing???
    Well, eventually I lost Bisonville too. I tried to call Cableone, but the line was busy. At that point I figured I wasn't the only one having problems. A little bit of Sunday Night Football plus Lego Harry Potter to kill some time and their DNS server was back up and running when I got back.

I am having the same issues. Cableone's 1-877 number and 0033 numbers are not working. But I can only get bisonville.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.