Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer help

Default Re: Computer help

Guessing you have to go into options and change your zoom level so that it opens the pages on that zoom instead of the default 100% or whatever it's set at.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Guessing you have to go into options and change your zoom level so that it opens the pages on that zoom instead of the default 100% or whatever it's set at.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    The zoom works just fine. Its the size of the page that I cant get to stay on max when I change websites.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Ok figured it out. You cant drag the the borders to make a full screen and have it stay that way. You have to drag the corners to make the page fill the screen. After you do that windows will open in the size that it was closed.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Have a question on Flat screen TVs. We have a 42 inch that is approx 14-15 feet from our recliners and it looks great. If I were to get a bigger one like a 50 or 55 would the 14-15 foot distance still be ok or would we need to move the chairs? I read here some place that there is a optimal distance for each size screen.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Have a question on Flat screen TVs. We have a 42 inch that is approx 14-15 feet from our recliners and it looks great. If I were to get a bigger one like a 50 or 55 would the 14-15 foot distance still be ok or would we need to move the chairs? I read here some place that there is a optimal distance for each size screen.
    It depends on the source resolution, what kind of "guide" you're using, and what you're using it for. At 14' from your eyeballs to the screen, you could use anything from 60" to 140" (THX recommendation) with a 1080p source. 4K would be even larger screen sizes. Depends on how large of a viewing angle you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Go to the store and stand 15' from the TV's, if you can't see the whole thing at once it's too big.* Look in the home improvement thread for the referreference.

*Obligatory TWSS
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

One more question. Dont understand the Smart TV thing. Whats the difference between a regular flat screen and a Smart TV?

One more question. Dont understand the Smart TV thing. Whats the difference between a regular flat screen and a Smart TV?
    Smart TV has YouTube and apps and you can prob get espn3on it
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Smart TV = TV + simple computer built in. Basic web functions and streaming capabilities.

A smart TV connects to the internet and can do some streaming functions without a computer attached. Exactly which functions can be handled by the TV varies from model to model, but YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and streaming from a web browser are all common. If you're the type of guy that hooks your laptop up to your TV so that you can watch stuff(other than physical media like DVDs), then a smart TV would probably benefit you. If you never do that and have no interest in it, then it's probably not worth the money unless you're getting a really good deal on it.

When my parents needed a new TV a few months back, I advised them not to get a smart TV since they'd never use it. Dad likes to channel surf and mom can barely work a simple remote control. They almost got one because the sale on a smart TV put it at a lower price than the non-smart version of the same size they were looking at. In the end, dad got a non-smart version that was several inches bigger for even less money because of a store closeout deal. If I was buying a TV for myself, I'd probably get a smart TV because they don't scare me and can streamline portions of internet TV.

YMMV