Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer help

Default Re: Computer help

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Shouldn't you be slinging drinks instead of looking at teh internets?...btw...you should make the move from webcrawler to google....or, at least that's what I've heard.
    Google??? Is that some new fangled computer talk?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

PL, just wipe the whole hard drive and start over.*

*How do you wipe a hard drive you ask? Well submerge the whole computer in warm water with Dawn dishsoap. Make sure to not have plugged in unless you are a Montana football player as they have built up a tolerance to electricity.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Ok heres another issue. When I use my lap top at home its pretty slow. Does this have abything to do with my router. Its is a linkys and may be 5-7 years old. Does linksys have updayes for old routers or should I just go out and buy a new one?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Ok heres another issue. When I use my lap top at home its pretty slow. Does this have abything to do with my router. Its is a linkys and may be 5-7 years old. Does linksys have updayes for old routers or should I just go out and buy a new one?
    You may be better off getting a new router...or if you modem is older switch out for a wireless modem and skip the router.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would really love to get my computer broadcast to be shown on my tv, like when some of these other playoff games are on ESPN3. I went to radio shack and all i got was a dumb look, really ??? So at any rate i have a set top box on my tv, and it is the old style with just the coax cable input, is there any way to do this ? any help would be appreciated. Signed Computer Idiot Bisonfan1
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
    I would really love to get my computer broadcast to be shown on my tv, like when some of these other playoff games are on ESPN3. I went to radio shack and all i got was a dumb look, really ??? So at any rate i have a set top box on my tv, and it is the old style with just the coax cable input, is there any way to do this ? any help would be appreciated. Signed Computer Idiot Bisonfan1
    You'll need to find what kind of Video/Audio output options you have coming out your PC first (if any) but regardless you'll more than likely need to buy an RF Modulator ($20) in order to use a coax connection on a TV.

Edit: found this website that might help you http://hookpctotv.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCountry View Post
    You'll need to find what kind of Video/Audio output options you have coming out your PC first (if any) but regardless you'll more than likely need to buy an RF Modulator ($20) in order to use a coax connection on a TV.

Edit: found this website that might help you http://hookpctotv.com/
    That website explained everything, thank you very much.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
    Yeah, likely excuse. As soon as you get the hook up we wont see you at home games anymore. You will just be sitting back at home sipping your home made cheap lattes watching the Bison on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yeah, likely excuse. As soon as you get the hook up we wont see you at home games anymore. You will just be sitting back at home sipping your home made cheap lattes watching the Bison on TV.
    And your point is ? I WAS going to knit you some Bison mittens while watching the game on TV sipping home made cheap lattes, but not now buddy for narking me off.