Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: Computer help

Default Re: Computer help

Had to take my lap op to be repaired so Im using an older one and the Keys keep sticking and wont type certain letters. Any way to correct this?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Had to take my lap op to be repaired so Im using an older one and the Keys keep sticking and wont type certain letters. Any way to correct this?
    The last laptop we had ran into the issue, something that got spilled on it is likely the culprit. They can replace the keyboard and that helped a ton.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

The only keys that work on either of your keyboards is probably p o r n h u b eh!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    The last laptop we had ran into the issue, something that got spilled on it is likely the culprit. They can replace the keyboard and that helped a ton.

Nothing was spilled as it was in a protected spot with the lid down. May be some canned air to blow out any dust and dirt?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Nothing was spilled as it was in a protected spot with the lid down. May be some canned air to blow out any dust and dirt?
    Possibly can try. I'd go with keyboard just getting old and stuff too.

You can try the air. You can usually pop the sticking keys off and clean them
    I had a laptop that did that and I finally just bought a new standalone key board. The laptop was still good so it was foolish to buy a new one when the keyboard was cheap
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    You can try the air. You can usually pop the sticking keys off and clean them
    I had a laptop that did that and I finally just bought a new standalone key board. The laptop was still good so it was foolish to buy a new one when the keyboard was cheap
    Didnt think of that. Thanks

Use an external keyboard if you have one.
    It's OK to not be OK.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Use an external keyboard if you have one.
    I need to do tat because the " " key on mine is funky.
    edit "h" key

I'm surprised nobody from MSUM has been on this thread looking for help. Their campus-wide network crashed on Feb 1, and they've only been able to restore very limited functionality so far.

https://www.inforum.com/news/moorhea...on-for-2-weeks