Thread: Congrats to Pike, Jastram and Richard on MVC PLayers of the week.

Default Congrats to Pike, Jastram and Richard on MVC PLayers of the week.

This week's Missouri Valley Football Conference players of the week are WR Dale Moss of South Dakota State, S John Pike of North Dakota State, PK Ryan Jastram of North Dakota State, QB Austin Sumner of South Dakota State, and OG Austin Richard of North Dakota State.

Offensive Player of the Week
    WR Dale Moss, South Dakota State
    6-4, 210, Sr., Brandon (S.D.) Brandon Valley High
    Moss caught seven passes for a career-high 178 yards and two touchdowns in the Jackrabbits' 43-36 double-overtime victory at Missouri State. Moss caught an 80-yard touchdown pass — SDSU's longest play from scrimmage in the Division I era — with 6:20 remaining in regulation that knotted the game at 29-all, and later hauled in a 25-yard touchdown reception on SDSU's first offensive play in the overtime sessions. His 178 receiving yards were the seventh-most in a game by a Jackrabbit receiver.

Defensive Player of the Week
    S John Pike, North Dakota State
    5-10, 180, Sr., Chandler (Ariz.) San Diego Mesa CC/Maros de Niza High
    Pike intercepted two passes including one with 1:47 remaining in the fourth quarter to seal 3rd-ranked North Dakota State’s 27-19 win over 2nd-ranked Northern Iowa before a sellout crowd of 18,886 in the Fargodome on Saturday, Oct. 29. Pike’s first interception came with 5:35 left in the third quarter to stop a UNI drive at the NDSU 21. He had a key pass breakup and quarterback hurry to help force a field goal inside the 10 on UNI’s opening drive. Pike had five tackles including a pair of solos.

Special Teams Player of the Week
    PK Ryan Jastram, North Dakota State
    6-1, 200, Sr., Sioux Falls (S.D.) New Mexico State/Roosevelt High
    Jastram hit a pair of field goals including a 41-yarder with 2:27 left to play in 3rd-ranked North Dakota State’s 27-19 win over 2nd-ranked Northern Iowa before a sellout crowd of 18,886 in the Fargodome on Saturday, Oct. 29. Jastram added a 37-yard field goal and made 3 of 3 PATs. He averaged 64.2 yards on six kickoffs including a 39.3 net average. Jastram matched a career-high with two tackles including a TD-saving stop on the opening kickoff.

Newcomer of the Week
    QB Austin Sumner, South Dakota State
    6-5, 230, Fr., Brandon (S.D.) Brandon Valley High
    Sumner topped the 300-yard mark for the fourth time in five games, throwing for a career-high 377 yards and matching a career best with four touchdowns in SDSU's 43-36 double-overtime win at Missouri State. Sumner completed 20-of-31 attempts, throwing touchdown passes of 5, 3, 80 and 25 yards. His 377 yards rank fourth-best in a single game by a Jackrabbit quarterback.

Offensive Lineman
    OG Austin Richard, North Dakota State
    6-3, 314, Sr., Fargo (N.D.) South High
    Richard graded out to 97 percent and had eight knockdown blocks against UNI. He allowed no sacks and no QB pressures as the Bison rushed for 145 yards and had 349 in total offense. NDSU had a 36:21 to 23:39 advantage in time of possession. Last season again

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Congrats to Pike, Jastram and Richard on MVC PLayers of the week.

I don't know about anyone else but I would love to see a highlight reel of Austin Richard's performance against Boothby this week. I've seen a couple of clips (maybe on the Bohl show?) and he pancaked him a few times and seemed to be manhandling him most of the way. Awesome performance that I feel was the biggest key to victory considering what Boothby has done in their other games this year.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but I would love to see a highlight reel of Austin Richard's performance against Boothby this week. I've seen a couple of clips (maybe on the Bohl show?) and he pancaked him a few times and seemed to be manhandling him most of the way. Awesome performance that I feel was the biggest key to victory considering what Boothby has done in their other games this year.
    I made a particular point to watch Boothby walk off the field...He just walked to the NW corner of the dome, didn't shake any hands and had his head down.

He was humbled.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

But, but, "2011 Champions" said we didn't dominate/control the game!!!! Where are all the Players of the week from UNI. They should have had three as well . . . . . No?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I made a particular point to watch Boothby walk off the field...He just walked to the NW corner of the dome, didn't shake any hands and had his head down.

He was humbled.
    Classic!

I am glad they mentioned Pike's pass break up, which happened at the goal line on the opening possession. That play turned a potential touchdown into 3 points!

Also Jastrams saving tackle on the opening kickoff was HUGE! If you see the replay, Jastram turned on the after burners to get to the spot where he could make that saving tackle! This particular play caught my attention because as I sat in the Dome watching the Bison come out of there little kickoff huddle, 6 Bison went to Jastrams right, while 4 went to his left. I mentioned to my fellow Dome-Dwellers how I felt the Bison we going to kick the ball to the right side since more players lined up on that side. Well the ball went to the left side and thats where the hole opened up! Thanks Jassy for filling that hole. you were our last hope...lol!