Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments on UNI

Default Comments on UNI

Ok it goes back and forth on message boards and with fans and players about teams and such but I found this interesting. Chris Gabriel hosts the the 11-2 program on WDAY radio. He is a major college football fan but not a NDSU Bison homer by any means. He played with the Gold Star Band last weekend as kind of a behind the scenes type thing, it was quite interesting listening to him leading up to the game last week as he interviewed NDSU band director and just talking about college football.

So he was with the band and this is what he just said on the radio with these words but slightly paraphrased when talking about UNI.

What a bunch of Arrogant, Smug, Pompous group of Athletes. Their language was atrocious and inappropriate.

He basically couldn't believe the way they acted. This guy calls things the way he sees it and would call NDSU to the carpet also if he saw things so he is no homer.

Way to represent yourselves UNI.

Default Re: Comments on UNI

Have you EVER seen a team not line up for the National Anthem? That team has horrible leadership. So glad that we took Kleiman from them and Coach Farley can lead that group of thugs. Loved how they tried to trash talk with the fans the entire game. Stay Classy Cedar Farley.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Have you EVER seen a team not line up for the National Anthem? That team has horrible leadership. So glad that we took Kleiman from them and Coach Farley can lead that group of thugs. Loved how they tried to trash talk with the fans the entire game. Stay Classy Cedar Farley.
    Mayby Klieman didn't like the kind of attitude they (UNI) had on that team and decided he wanted to go work in a more positive environment...
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

I actually thought, during the game anyway, that this was one of the cleaner games we have had with them since we started playing them again.....were there some things pre-game going on with the crowd, national anthem, etc......yea, but when you're in a hostile environment, I would be surprised if some of that weren't going on.....they are a very good team and it was certainly a VERY quality win for us! I was actually a little more pissed by some of Farley's comments that were in the article in the Forum, stating basically that the only difference in the Bison from last year to this year, is that we were playing a home game.....REALLY??? Nothing like giving us credit for controlling them virtually the whole game!! It was an exact role reversal from the game last year.....
    "We will choke their ass out, we will get our victory and we will sing the Rouser."

-Tim Brewster 10/20/2007 about 10:00am (BTN)

THE "90BISON" - In case there is ANY confusion.......

Quote Originally Posted by 90BISON View Post
    I actually thought, during the game anyway, that this was one of the cleaner games we have had with them since we started playing them again.....were there some things pre-game going on with the crowd, national anthem, etc......yea, but when you're in a hostile environment, I would be surprised if some of that weren't going on.....they are a very good team and it was certainly a VERY quality win for us! I was actually a little more pissed by some of Farley's comments that were in the article in the Forum, stating basically that the only difference in the Bison from last year to this year, is that we were playing a home game.....REALLY??? Nothing like giving us credit for controlling them virtually the whole game!! It was an exact role reversal from the game last year.....

I don't understand this comment. You won but you didn't control us. We had 4 less total yards than you. How is that controling?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Champions View Post
    [/B]

I don't understand this comment. You won but you didn't control us. We had 4 less total yards than you. How is that controling?
    Are you brain-dead? . . . . . wait, no need to answer that.

Did you bother to watch the line play on both sides of the ball. We dominated the LOS on both offense and defense--that is called "controlling", in that you could not do what you wanted to do because we would not let you, and we for the most part were able to execute our game plan. Nice 53 yards of rushing offense there btw

You know, you really are a POS. We admitted when you guys controlled/dominated us, but now you can't do the same. Y, because you are an idiot, a big effin pussy, and you probably cried yourself to sleep while tucked in your Mommy's arms.

Get over it!! We won, kicked you asses, took names, and now we have another game to play this Saturday. Last time I checked, so do you. Oh, wait, this is about the time of the season UNI starts its downward spiral to limping into the PO's and getting piss-pounded by EFFING LEHIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The changing of the guards in the MVFC has occured, you know it, and it is just extremely hard for you to accept. Well, get used to it!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

[/B]

you actually think just because the yards were close that uni wasn't controlled? thats why brock only had 3 incompletions. and the ground game was dominated by ndsu. as was the turnover battle. as was the scoreboard.

like last years game, uni should've won by 20+. this year, and if uni meets ndsu again the playoffs, itll be worse than 8 pts.

stevdock is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[/B]

That game was a few blown coverages and a fumble on the 1 away from being a complete blow out. I do give UNI credit though for not allowing it to become a blow out. Good teams can do that.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I always have wondered, why don't the teams come out for the national anthem, don't they stay back near there locker room tunnel, where UNI came out, and stood for the national anthem. They did not line up down the sideline, but does the visiting team usually do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Ok it goes back and forth on message boards and with fans and players about teams and such but I found this interesting. Chris Gabriel hosts the the 11-2 program on WDAY radio. He is a major college football fan but not a NDSU Bison homer by any means. He played with the Gold Star Band last weekend as kind of a behind the scenes type thing, it was quite interesting listening to him leading up to the game last week as he interviewed NDSU band director and just talking about college football.

So he was with the band and this is what he just said on the radio with these words but slightly paraphrased when talking about UNI.

What a bunch of Arrogant, Smug, Pompous group of Athletes. Their language was atrocious and inappropriate.

He basically couldn't believe the way they acted. This guy calls things the way he sees it and would call NDSU to the carpet also if he saw things so he is no homer.

Way to represent yourselves UNI.

I heard the same type of thing. I posted this over on panthernation and got railed for it.

"What is with UNI's dirty play and trash talking? I spoke to a parent of one of the more experienced NDSU players this morning and their kid said UNI is by far and away the cheapest, dirtiest and most trash talking team he has ever faced. What is with UNI and their 1980's Miami Hurricane wannabe attitude? They come running out on the field and taunt the crowd etc. Do you guys approve of such behavior?"
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt