Thread: Stud Senior Class....

Default Stud Senior Class....

Lost in all of the talk about the great freshman and sophomores we have and the rediculously talented 2010 recruiting class is just what a great senior class we have. The youngsters will keep us in the argument for at least 2 years if not 3 years to come, but there is no guarantee this won't be our best chance at a title.

Let's break down some of the key seniors:

Offense:
    DJ McNorton - I know this is a reload position, but he is a complete back. Devastating blocker in the passing game and great receiving out of the back field.

Warren Holloway - Underrated somehow. Gives us the deep threat while also being willing to work underneath. Him and Jensen know each other better than they know themselves.

Austin Richard - Rock. Nasty. If our tackle spot is struggling, move him over. If the other team has a superstar, move Richards in front of him. My money is on him.

Paul Cornick - 2 time offensive lineman of the week last year. Preseason first team MVFC this year. Also somehow underrated.

Matt Veldman - Saved his best for his senior year. Having a breakout season in his last year by staying healthy.

Defense:

Coulter Boyer - Superstud, too many accolades to mention. Could legitamize a D line by himself.

Daniel Eaves - Consistent. Great leader. Just getting back fully healthy and known for the big hit.

Preston Evans - Tackling machine. Great leader. Seems to be getting better every game this year. There's a reason the coaches don't even think about sitting this guy even though the highly touted Grant Olson is behind him.

John Pike - Definite glue guy. Absolutely fearless and if he gets his hands on the ball it's a pick. Will throw himself in front of anyone or anything for the name on the front of the jersey.

Chad Willson - For years he will be the guy we point at to justify juco signings. Instant impact in his first Bison game vs Kansas. Plays through injuries. Huge in our closest game this year. (Southern Illinois)

Other notables:

Scott Stocynski - Steady player who never seems to screw up. Very little if any dropoff when he is in the game.

Matt Voigtlander - Excellent running back willing to switch to punter for the team and gets better every game. Season stats starting to look fantastic with limited attempts.

Ryan Jastram - Turning into a kicker that we will absolutey miss. Can hit the long one as well as the clutch one. Also showed steadiness with the extra point streak.

This is by no means a slight to the other seniors, they will all get their tribute when the season is over and along the way. Yes, I know we have solid young backups for many of these spots. The point of the post is to remind everyone to enjoy this class. They are solid and played a huge role in bringing the Bison pride back.

Go Bison!!
    Last edited by herdmember; 10-31-2011 at 04:26 AM. Reason: grammar error

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Stud Senior Class....

Great Post!

I see a lot of leaders in this group.

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It seems like I say the same thing to myself every year..."How in the hell are we going to replace all of our seniors???" But every year it seems like someone else takes charge and says, "It's MY time to shine now."

It is awesome to see what Bohl is doing with the young guys on the team as well as the Seniors. He gives the Seniors so much respect and praise, but it isn't over the top. He doesn't put his eggs in one basket and rely on one class. The only down year that they've had with his recruiting class was in '09 when they went 3 and 8.

That being said, these guys deserve the utmost respect from us fans. They are one hell of a class!

Just to take a look at next year:

Offense:
    QB- Jensen
    RB- Ojuri
    FB- Grothman
    WR- Smith
    WR- Vraa/Gebhart
    TE- Bruhn
    T- Turner
    G- Hinz
    C- Lund
    G- Gimmestad
    T- Jerve?

Defense:
    DE- Emmanuel
    DT- Perry
    DT- Drevlow
    DE- Jirik
    LB- Jemison
    LB- Olson
    LB- Beck
    SS- Heagle
    FS- Ollman?
    CB- Williams
    CB- Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    It seems like I say the same thing to myself every year..."How in the hell are we going to replace all of our seniors???" But every year it seems like someone else takes charge and says, "It's MY time to shine now."

It is awesome to see what Bohl is doing with the young guys on the team as well as the Seniors. He gives the Seniors so much respect and praise, but it isn't over the top. He doesn't put his eggs in one basket and rely on one class. The only down year that they've had with his recruiting class was in '09 when they went 3 and 8.

That being said, these guys deserve the utmost respect from us fans. They are one hell of a class!
    This is a great sr class. The current freshman and sophomore class is already making significant contributions so we will just reload. We could make another run in 2012-2013 as long as they keep improving. I'm loving the look of our defense at all the positions. Were so deep right now that some really good players are not playing much. Look at a guy like Don Carter. Next year he may finally see the field.

My biggest concern is replacing DJ with a guy who can catch the ball. Hell he lined up as a receiver on Saturday!

This years recruiting class is going to be very important.

Btw... the 09 class looks great. I think you meant the year before.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

They are awesome, but holy hell we have alot of underclassmen talent.

We are gonna be freaking awesome for along time.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by herdmember View Post
    Lost in all of the talk about the great freshman and sophomores we have and the rediculously talented 2010 recruiting class is just what a great senior class we have. The youngsters will keep us in the argument for at least 2 years if not 3 years to come, but there is no guarantee this won't be our best chance at a title.

Let's break down some of the key seniors:

Offense:
    DJ McNorton - I know this is a reload position, but he is a complete back. Devastating blocker in the passing game and great receiving out of the back field.

Warren Holloway - Underrated somehow. Gives us the deep threat while also being willing to work underneath. Him and Jensen know each other better than they know themselves.

Austin Richard - Rock. Nasty. If our tackle spot is struggling, move him over. If the other team has a superstar, move Richards in front of him. My money is on him.

Paul Cornick - 2 time offensive lineman of the week last year. Preseason first team MVFC this year. Also somehow underrated.

Matt Veldman - Saved his best for his senior year. Having a breakout season in his last year by staying healthy.

Defense:

Coulter Boyer - Superstud, too many accolades to mention. Could legitamize a D line by himself.

Daniel Eaves - Consistent. Great leader. Just getting back fully healthy and known for the big hit.

Preston Evans - Tackling machine. Great leader. Seems to be getting better every game this year. There's a reason the coaches don't even think about sitting this guy even though the highly touted Grant Olson is behind him.

John Pike - Definite glue guy. Absolutely fearless and if he gets his hands on the ball it's a pick. Will throw himself in front of anyone or anything for the name on the front of the jersey.

Chad Willson - For years he will be the guy we point at to justify juco signings. Instant impact in his first Bison game vs Kansas. Plays through injuries. Huge in our closest game this year. (Southern Illinois)

Other notables:

Scott Stocynski - Steady player who never seems to screw up. Very little if any dropoff when he is in the game.

Matt Voigtlander - Excellent running back willing to switch to punter for the team and gets better every game. Season stats starting to look fantastic with limited attempts.

Ryan Jastram - Turning into a kicker that we will absolutey miss. Can hit the long one as well as the clutch one. Also showed steadiness with the extra point streak.

This is by no means a slight to the other seniors, they will all get their tribute when the season is over and along the way. Yes, I know we have solid young backups for many of these spots. The point of the post is to remind everyone to enjoy this class. They are solid and played a huge role in bringing the Bison pride back.

Go Bison!!
    A very nice tribute to these seniors and well deserved. Wow, just makes you realize all the talent we will be losing. Great post !!