Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Rule Change

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Rule Change

I think the idea is to be as "uniform" as possible. If you don't restrict it you have to draw a line somewhere and that can be fuzzy. For example, there is no writing allowed on eye black. If you allow it where do you draw the line. Many call it the Tim Tebow rule because he was putting bible verses on his eye black.

Funny story related to jerseys. I had a DB with his t-shirt tucked out like the middle picture on the right. Throughout the first half I kept asking him to tuck it and he said he would. I saw him when we were walking off the field at halftime and told him I really need him to tuck it in. If he looks good he plays good. He comes out after halftime and shows me he has tucked in his t-shirt. #1 is standing next to use and he has his jersey tucked up like the upper right photo. I point to him and tell the DB, he won't play well because he doesn't look good. In the third quarter that DB gets an INT and I told him it was because he tucked his shirt on. On the next series #1 catches a long pass and could have walked into the end zone, but he tripped over the 10 yard line. When he got up and gave me the ball I jokingly told him would have scored if his shirt was tucked in. A couple series later that team completes a TD in the back of the end zone with an amazing diving catch. The receiver gets up and it's #1. And guess what? His shirt is tucked in! On the next series the DB gets a second INT and after the play he came running to me to give me the ball! Of course the jerseys had zero impact on any of that, but it made for a great story.

The next season I have that same team and I'm talking to the coaches and a player who has his shirt untucked telling them the story from the previous year. The DB (different than previous year) tells me he'll tuck it in before the game. On the first series the other team scores when a defender falls down taking the wrong path in coverage. It's the DB I talked to before the game and his shirt is untucked! I told him he fell down because he didn't tuck in his shirt. On the next series his shirt is tucked in and he goes on to make 2 INT in the game. I can't make up this stuff!

The moral of the story...you look good you play good.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I think the idea is to be as "uniform" as possible. If you don't restrict it you have to draw a line somewhere and that can be fuzzy. For example, there is no writing allowed on eye black. If you allow it where do you draw the line. Many call it the Tim Tebow rule because he was putting bible verses on his eye black.

Funny story related to jerseys. I had a DB with his t-shirt tucked out like the middle picture on the right. Throughout the first half I kept asking him to tuck it and he said he would. I saw him when we were walking off the field at halftime and told him I really need him to tuck it in. If he looks good he plays good. He comes out after halftime and shows me he has tucked in his t-shirt. #1 is standing next to use and he has his jersey tucked up like the upper right photo. I point to him and tell the DB, he won't play well because he doesn't look good. In the third quarter that DB gets an INT and I told him it was because he tucked his shirt on. On the next series #1 catches a long pass and could have walked into the end zone, but he tripped over the 10 yard line. When he got up and gave me the ball I jokingly told him would have scored if his shirt was tucked in. A couple series later that team completes a TD in the back of the end zone with an amazing diving catch. The receiver gets up and it's #1. And guess what? His shirt is tucked in! On the next series the DB gets a second INT and after the play he came running to me to give me the ball! Of course the jerseys had zero impact on any of that, but it made for a great story.

The next season I have that same team and I'm talking to the coaches and a player who has his shirt untucked telling them the story from the previous year. The DB (different than previous year) tells me he'll tuck it in before the game. On the first series the other team scores when a defender falls down taking the wrong path in coverage. It's the DB I talked to before the game and his shirt is untucked! I told him he fell down because he didn't tuck in his shirt. On the next series his shirt is tucked in and he goes on to make 2 INT in the game. I can't make up this stuff!

The moral of the story...you look good you play good.
    Don't you play well?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Don't you play well?
    I didn't say anything about being fat, bald, and ugly. But my pants are hemmed, my shoes polished, and my shirt is tucked in.

I didn't say anything about being fat, bald, and ugly. But my pants are hemmed, my shoes polished, and my shirt is tucked in.
    LOL. Sorry, I was making fun of your grammar (well vs. good), not your looks.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    LOL. Sorry, I was making fun of your grammar (well vs. good), not your looks.
    Yeah...look good play well isn't as poetic

Yeah...look good play well isn't as poetic
    Look swell, play well?