Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Favor Halftime Interview

Default Re: Mike Favor Halftime Interview

Where does he live now?

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Where does he live now?
    He's a principal at Robbinsdale Cooper HS in New Hope (Mpls suburb).
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    He's a principal at Robbinsdale Cooper HS in New Hope (Mpls suburb).
    Thanks for the reply.

"The Bison Way" was on display during the game Saturday. Power football by controlling the lines of scrimmage and imposing your will on the other team. The final 2 series where we lined up with the power formation with 3 backs and handed it to Ojuri several times in a row reminded me of the old days when everyone in the stadium knew what was coming and they still couldn't stop it. I think the "Bison Way" mentality is finally back! Favor was always one of my favorites on those great DII championship teams. Great representative for this school and program.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I liked when he corrected the interviewer "We won THREE national championships"...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Wow. Absolute class act.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    "The Bison Way" was on display during the game Saturday. Power football by controlling the lines of scrimmage and imposing your will on the other team. The final 2 series where we lined up with the power formation with 3 backs and handed it to Ojuri several times in a row reminded me of the old days when everyone in the stadium knew what was coming and they still couldn't stop it. I think the "Bison Way" mentality is finally back! Favor was always one of my favorites on those great DII championship teams. Great representative for this school and program.
    I too loved that power eye look. It gave UNI fits. Hats off to Vigen on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Interview brought tears to my eyes. Please tell me the Coach Bohl took advantage of him being in Fargo so he could talk to the team?

You can just sense the goodness oozing out of that man.
    Someone at the game indicated he spoke to the team prior to the game. Spanky was way cool when I was in school.
    "Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual." John Winger (Bill Murray- Stripes)

Quote Originally Posted by skolbrother View Post
    Someone at the game indicated he spoke to the team prior to the game. Spanky was way cool when I was in school.
    You heard correctly!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    They actually used that formation one time in the 1st quater as well. Totally surprised me. I said Holy shit out loud when they came out in that set and a former player who sits in front of me turned around and just smiles and we both give the thumbs up.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."