Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana State @ Terre Haute, IN - November 5th, 1:00 pm

Default Re: Indiana State @ Terre Haute, IN - November 5th, 1:00 pm

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If anybody is coming in Friday night you have an opportunity to scream at me on the field. I'm working a playoff game between two of the top teams in the state and the school is very close to the airport. Visiting Ben Davis (home of UM QB Marqueis Gray) is ranked #3 in the state at 9-2 (only 2 losses to conference rivals currently ranked #1 and #2 and playing each other Friday night). Host Avon is 10-1 after losing their first game of the season to #6 team. Avon has a OL signed to Louisville and he's a beast. The Bison could do well to recruit a few players from this game.
    Picture this scenario. Five to ten BVers show up and decide to have some fun with Indy. They get vocal and 'ride the ref' without mercy. A nerve is touched with another in the crew and the yellow flag comes out. The fanbase from one of the two teams is about to be handed a major penalty.

How do you handle that one Indy?

Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Picture this scenario. Five to ten BVers show up and decide to have some fun with Indy. They get vocal and 'ride the ref' without mercy. A nerve is touched with another in the crew and the yellow flag comes out. The fanbase from one of the two teams is about to be handed a major penalty.

How do you handle that one Indy?

Easy...we don't flag unruly fans. We just ask game administration to remove them. Now if you could talk your way on to the sideline as a member of the coaching staff and make the same comments, you could get removed and the head coach may be ejected. I'm pretty certain neither staff would allow that though.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    BTW, what is the nearest airport to Terre Haute??
    Terre Haute has its own airport (HUF) if you are piloting your own plane or charter. If flying commercial, go to Indianapolis (60 miles east).

Nothing about this game is going to be easy. Here is a link to a story from the Indy Star that appeared yesterday....

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...|text|Sports|s

They call it the biggest game in Indiana State football history. I guess when you win two games in five seasons it is...

We will be coming from Indy as well. Home game for us! Want to be there early. When does tailgating open? Just like Southern Illinois, someone please put up a flag so I know where to go

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    OK we get it.........Indiana State is experienced at Losing.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    OK we get it.........Indiana State is experienced at Losing.
    Just posting the story but hey, that's the way you are gonna take it.

what time are you guys getting to the parking lot and is that in central time?

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    the Bye-zun play in the S(C)ummit league, one of the WORST leagues in all of the NCAA. If we were in that league we'd have dominated sports in that silly little league even in our "down" years.
    Quote Originally Posted by agrinut View Post
    Please knock the most arrogant fanbase back down!
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    I totally agree Agrinut, the Bye-zun fans are absolutely the most ARROGANT, self righteous fans in all of D-IAA football (and most other sports for that matter).

If you ask them they would cancel the entire season of I-AA football and crown themselves champions. It's pathetic.

Nothing would be better than an ISU win this Sat., but I know it's gonna be a tall task. Hopefully ISU is up to the task coming off a much needed bye week.
    Timber!!!!