Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike the Crowd

Default Re: Mike the Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Seems gray to me. And can you think of a better team to piss off?
    Take your cell phone and play music. Set the phone under your seat. How about 19000 phones with thunderstruck?

Of course it's turned off when we are on offense and it has to be under your seat so your hands are Feeney to clap. People are louder

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Might be gray, but if the crowd noise was played while the ball was in play or prevented the visiting team from hearing their signals, that's a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. Judging from some of the PA and video board usage, I don't know if I'd trust anyone to be able to shut the PA system down at those times.
    I'd say it is worth it until the first 15 yard penalty. If no penalties, I'd say tough luck, morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Might be gray, but if the crowd noise was played while the ball was in play or prevented the visiting team from hearing their signals, that's a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. Judging from some of the PA and video board usage, I don't know if I'd trust anyone to be able to shut the PA system down at those times.
    It would be a 'live' feed only...and pointed directly at the crowd...not the playing field. Anyway, it seems that this would likely be nixed at some administrative level...even though the stadium acoustics are a detriment to the home crowd. If you were at the game you'd hardly know that it existed.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    It would be a 'live' feed only...and pointed directly at the crowd...not the playing field. Anyway, it seems that this would likely be nixed at some administrative level...even though the stadium acoustics are a detriment to the home crowd. If you were at the game you'd hardly know that it existed.
    What's the point then? I would want this system so loud that is melts peoples faces off and runs off the fair weather fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering Herd View Post
    What's the point then? I would want this system so loud that is melts peoples faces off and runs off the fair weather fans...
    Good question. How about...loud enough to give people the feeling they're a part of a huge wall of sound. Be able to hear cheers from around the stadium. Hell...I don't know how loud. But you'd have complaints if it blew people's ears out. That'd be the end of the idea.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I need one more ticket--just one more!! Anyone??!!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I need one more ticket--just one more!! Anyone??!!!
    PM me I do have 1 ticket.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Mic'ing the crowd by a TVstation so the tv audience is able to understand the game atmosphere is correct and appropriate. Mic'ing the croud to create disruptive noise in the dome to thwart the opposition does not seem appropriate. Watch any game on a major network and they are mic'ing the crowd for TV.

Watch kvly and they want the crowd noise as low as possible so you can hear the nutbeard and lee Timmerman try to talk so Feeney doesn't show them up.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering Herd View Post
    The solution? Sell beer at games and then the atmosphere would be like that f-ing bar I was in last night.