Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Attendance

Default Re: Dome Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Yeah the addition. I found an article and it said it was 30 million . It would have been a joint venture between ndsu and the city
    http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/28345/
    Yes, but that addition would not disrupt the current structure (other than connecting to it) and it would not have increased football seating at all.

533 In a row

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Yes, but that addition would not disrupt the current structure (other than connecting to it) and it would not have increased football seating at all.
    The quoted post is far too sane and logical for this thread. Can a mod please move it?
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    We need a new workaround.
    Call Teacher. He knows how to make ESPN3 work.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

I know absolutely nothing about construction but I am suprised if you can build a 10k seat arena for 30 million, it would cost way more than 50 million to add 8,000 seats to the dome. But my background is in sales and marketing so I know nothing. I really have no clue

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I know absolutely nothing about construction but I am suprised if you can build a 10k seat arena for 30 million, it would cost way more than 50 million to add 8,000 seats to the dome. But my background is in sales and marketing so I know nothing. I really have no clue
    Open palm, insert face.

If they were starting from scratch they could probably do something more reasonably from an incremental cost perspective. The problem is, it just wasn't designed in a way that facilitates any meaningful seating increase without drastic (extremely expensive) changes. This puts us in a pickle because I don't know of too many people that can write a $200+ million check that we'd need for a new fb stadium.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I really have no clue
    Finally, we are on the same page.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    If they were starting from scratch they could probably do something more reasonably from an incremental cost perspective. The problem is, it just wasn't designed in a way that facilitates any meaningful seating increase without drastic (extremely expensive) changes. This puts us in a pickle because I don't know of too many people that can write a $200+ million check that we'd need for a new fb stadium.
    Pretty sure the State of North Dakota has a $2 billion surplus... Haha, I forgot the purple!!! We'd be lucky to get 2 cents!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Finally, we are on the same page.
    I picked the wrong time to run out of rep.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I've heard of Minnesota and even SDSU as having a master facility plan, a plan that covers all wants and wishes in regards to the future of all athletic buildings. Has Gene ever mentioned anything like that? I would think that they have some sort of long range plan to deal with the football fan base growth issues. I'd like to see anything even if it is 20 years away.
    Yes, NDSU has done an athletic master plan in the last decade. It didn't include anything major for football due the issues being discussed ad nauseum. It's also been shot to hell due to other factors. It might very well be time to revisit and revise the plan due to all the off-plan changes that have occurred in the last few years.

Here is an image from the earlier plan: