Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Attendance

Default Re: Dome Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    You will never see a master plan because we dont own the dome. Im not an expert but were not going to build an outdoor stadium in this climate so we would need something better than the dome.

A) build a cheaper outdoor stadium that will be huge and empty. Probably slightly better than a remodeled CAS in Bookings but not as nice as TCF. B) 300-500 million dollar larger dome or c) spend 25-50 million to make the dome larger, but it still will only add 10k capacity if were lucky but will be large enough to go FBS.

C is the likely choice. But no discussions will occur for 5 years assuming we dont see a drop in interest. Making the dome larger would preserve our unique atmosphere and make it crazy loud

C? You are wrong. They have already figured the cost vs ROI is prohibitive.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I am certainly not an expert but here is my math. Lets say we can add 8,000 seats for 50 million with private donations or maybe a mix of xity funded.

8,000 tickets x $200 seat for season tickets = $1,600,000 per year. Lets say 1/3 are Teammakers and we get a $200 donation per seat. Thats $480,000 per year in TM dues. We would earn 2,080,000 per year or $20,800,000 over 10 years. Probably more with inflation.

If its private donations, isn't it pure profit?

But honestly who knows how much an 8000 addition would cost. Is 50 mill too high or low?

c) spend 25-50 million to make the dome larger, but it still will only add 10k capacity if were lucky but will be large enough to go FBS.
    Good luck with that cost estimate for 10,000 more capacity!

533 In a row

I am certainly not an expert but here is my math. Lets say we can add 8,000 seats for 50 million with private donations or maybe a mix of xity funded.

8,000 tickets x $200 seat for season tickets = $1,600,000 per year. Lets say 1/3 are Teammakers and we get a $200 donation per seat. Thats $480,000 per year in TM dues. We would earn 2,080,000 per year or $20,800,000 over 10 years. Probably more with inflation.

How do you get private donations to make improvements on a city owned building?

I like where this thread is headed.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    How do you get private donations to make improvements on a city owned building?
    Good question. I dont know. But how do you build a city facility on ndsu property? How do you spend big bucks to put a coaching office in a public owned building? Wasnt that a 5 million dollar project paid by ndsu? Its in the shac plan. Interesting discussion

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    When was that? What were the estimates? Who did the study? Ndsu or the dome?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    This would be interersting to see. Gotta wonder what the long-term plan is in the event that they decide a new venue is necessary. Where would it be built? How many seats would it have? etc. etc.
    Bye bye Rugby field, hello Gate City Bank Field at Scheels Complex at The ThunderDome!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Good question. I dont know. But how do you build a city facility on ndsu property? How do you spend big bucks to put a coaching office in a public owned building? Wasnt that a 5 million dollar project paid by ndsu? Its in the shac plan. Interesting discussion
    City of Fargo leases the property from NDSU.
    NDSU leases the football offices and space on the lower level. The money for these improvements was paid for by NDSU. Sounds like leasehold improvements to me.

I am not denying private money could not be used to improve the dome.

533 In a row