Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Attendance

Default Re: Dome Attendance

agreed, but pretty rare you would actually ever have to pay over face value is my point, if you just want to go to the game, now if you grew up with a silver spoon in your a$$... Not saying there aren't any going over face value but nobody is going to pay $40-$50 for my "nosebleed" seats. Maybe down with the silver spoons in the a$$ - TAB et al (I'm only kidding!) that may be the case. We don't have a Nebraska situation yet is basically what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    agreed, but pretty rare you would actually ever have to pay over face value is my point, if you just want to go to the game, now if you grew up with a silver spoon in your a$$... Not saying there aren't any going over face value but nobody is going to pay $40-$50 for my "nosebleed" seats. Maybe down with the silver spoons in the a$$ - TAB et al (I'm only kidding!) that may be the case. We don't have a Nebraska situation yet is basically what I'm saying.
    You always raise ticket prices before you expand...which is why face value on a lot of BCS schools is $50-75 a pop...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Why do people freak out when tickets cost more on the resale market than the number printed on the front? The only thing that's bad about that is that NDSU isn't getting the money. But they knew that and selected the certainty of being able to sell them all for $X rather than pricing them at $X + $Y to begin with.

Maybe they should partner w/ Ticketmaster or StubHub as an official secondary market maker that way NDSU can get paid twice when tickets get resold, like MLB does now.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 06-10-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's odd to see it as low as it was in some years.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Yes people are selling them for more than face value but you're also at the "most important" home game of the year. I'm talking year round soon as the season tickets come out selling them for more than face value. It's being stated here that we need to expand because we have nowhere to put people.. then how come people gripe about the SDSU fans that seem to take over in our stands during the regular season? If there was a high demand for those tickets someone would find them (corporate or not). I've yet to see a game where people are begging and pleading for a ticket during the regular season games. Playoffs yes there is some but if you try hard enough the last 3 games I have been selling my extras in the lobby and see many others there selling also. I sell at face value because I don't have 50 yard line and lower part of the stands tickets. When you can start selling any ticket in the house (and don't give me some BS story about some moron paying $40 for a GA because they were too "desperate" to see what other tickets out there are selling for) for more than face value on a consistent basis throughout the season get back to me. Heck they were still selling $5 SRO tickets at 3pm this afternoon, I was there when a guy asked about them!

The ROI is not worth it is the point. Fargodome can go ahead and try to put a second level but remember the big screens block part of the view also above SRO (which was where I was talking about...) plus the stands would block some of the "viewing" area also but I suppose you could put a big screen TV on the side of the stands... how much room is there... don't think there is much because the roof drops down in the corners also. Not to mention the dome was only designed to handle X (less than 20,000) people for egress so they would have to adjust for that. Fine brainstorm but I don't think the ROI is there. Personally still need to focus on BSA and getting that complete, and then the other sports that need facility upgrades. Then we can start dreaming about our 50,000 outdoor stadium with the retractable roof.

I have no problem with brainstorming but it's been discussed several times already and stated money isn't there for that if there was it should be going towards the BSA anyway. For balconies and expansion issues there needs to be money dumped on a project like that. This is not a simple $5,000 remodel job in your house this is something that involves a lot of issues than putting new tile, shower and a toilet in your bathrooom.
    I agree we don't have a Nebraska type situation, yet. But if we think it's tough to get tickets now, just wait until next year. They will end up making general admission seats season tickets. I find seats on the web for more than face value all the time. Even the # of no shows is very limited. That's out of our control but all that matters is they were paid for. Seems like we have been seeing a lot of success with the ticket exchange too.

SDSU fans taking over our stadium? They had less than 1000 for each game and most were standing room

Good point but on the room. Not sure what the height is. I was thinking with a 10' roof there would be plenty of room
    Wouldn't expect NDSU to spend a nickel on the dome. I'm hoping the dome would fund it like the video boards, lights, 2/3 of the turf, and tailgating lot. The shac is the #1 priority and then an indoor practice facility. But the dome would earn more off of a project like this t han NDSU. They could rent it out for thousands to events outside of NDSU and it would look pretty badass having balcony style clubs in the dome, especially if it adds a few hundred capacity in each corner. These are big money makers. Takes bad seats and makes them premium.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

how about this, take the west side, dig out and drop that side 6 feet to floor level and then add a deck upwards on the west side for 6000 seats. 25,000 cap, 26,500 with sro.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Why do people freak out when tickets cost more on the resale market than the number printed on the front? The only thing that's bad about that is the NDSU isn't getting the money. But they knew that and selected the certainty of being able to sell them all for $X rather than pricing them at $X + $Y to begin with.

Maybe they should partner w/ Ticketmaster or StubHub as an official secondary market maker that way NDSU can get paid twice when tickets get resold, like MLB does now.
    Agree with Bisonaudit. I believe in a supply and demand economy and that is what this is in its most pure fashion.

I chuckled when you mention stubhub, etc. I refuse to use those sites as they rip you off so bad. I can never believe how naive people are that they pay those prices, when you can buy from ebay for much more reasonable prices. And if you wait until day of game, I have yet to ever be at any game where you can't buy one on the street. I flew my whole family to Seattle for the Vikings game and never bought my tickets until 30 minutes before the game. While some guys were trying to sell me tickets over $250 each for club level seats (including stubhub, etc), I got mine for $175 each. Yes, a bit more than I wanted to spend and over face, but they were great seats and we had a blast.

once again, ndsu marketing or alumni should be working with stubhub for its own "ndsu stubhub page:"

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Agree with Bisonaudit. I believe in a supply and demand economy and that is what this is in its most pure fashion.

I chuckled when you mention stubhub, etc. I refuse to use those sites as they rip you off so bad. I can never believe how naive people are that they pay those prices, when you can buy from ebay for much more reasonable prices. And if you wait until day of game, I have yet to ever be at any game where you can't buy one on the street. I flew my whole family to Seattle for the Vikings game and never bought my tickets until 30 minutes before the game. While some guys were trying to sell me tickets over $250 each for club level seats (including stubhub, etc), I got mine for $175 each. Yes, a bit more than I wanted to spend and over face, but they were great seats and we had a blast.
    I don't disagree with any of this except maybe the chuckling. As you point out, and this I think is distinctly different than Ticketmaster's giant market share in the primary market for many ticketed events, there are a lot of options in the secondary market and multiple business models being employed. People have choices. Some choose eBay, others scalpers, still others StubHub. The StubHub users must feel like they're getting value for what they're paying, or presumably they'd take their business elsewhere.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 06-10-2015 at 07:22 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The StubHub users must feel like they're getting value for what they're paying, or presumably they'd take there business elsewhere.
    I completely agree with you.

My point is how naive people are. They think they have to have a ticket before planning to head to a game. StubHub and others feed on this fear then try to scare people saying this is the only way to know you are getting a legit ticket, etc.