Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Dome Attendance

Default Re: Dome Attendance

Slightly off topic (and I brought this up 4-5 years ago and got WRECKED for it, but whatever, its the offseason), since the Students got decreased a section, they are now down to 6 sections instead of 7.......... They should move the Student section to the entire endzone!

I get the vibe that the student section is split into 3 levels- a social hierarchy if you will:
    Royalty- The front sections of the 3-4 Sideline sections... This is the official student section, and if you're not down here well you may as well not show up.
    Commoners- The unfortunate morons who don't REALLY care about the team, but still got to the game early enough to sit on the sideline.
    Surfs- Idiots.. bafoons, dolts... Inbred fools who sit in the endzone. Endzone student section? Nope, never heard of em. They only exist to serve the members of the Royal Court who sit in the front sideline student section.

Obviously this is all exaggerated and silly, but I get the vibe that we have two student sections - the varsity and JV so-to-speak, instead of one unified "Student section". I am unaware of any student section that is split into two different parts (maybe someone can prove me wrong) but I think it would make more sense and be louder (100% of the volume travels down the field) and LOOK way cooler and more intimidating.

Thoughts?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Additionally, I could be wrong, but I would imagine that Season tickets for those sideline seats probably are worth a bit more $$$ to the school than the season tickets for the endzone seats.

Win-win........Win
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Additionally, I could be wrong, but I would imagine that Season tickets for those sideline seats probably are worth a bit more $$$ to the school than the season tickets for the endzone seats.

Win-win........Win
    Yeah, take away the good seats=win for the athletic department.
    And take away the good seats=win for the athletic department.
    win win
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    Yeah, take away the good seats=win for the athletic department.
    And take away the good seats=win for the athletic department.
    win win
    couldn't have said it better myself... myself
    3. It's time to go FBS

If student section moved to endzone it looks like the students would actually pick up a few seats (30 or so) and at today’s prices such a change would net a extra $200,000 in ticket and teammakers revenue. Probably the step to take the next time students don’t want their fees increased.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    If student section moved to endzone it looks like the students would actually pick up a few seats (30 or so) and at today’s prices such a change would net a extra $200,000 in ticket and teammakers revenue. Probably the step to take the next time students don’t want their fees increased.
    I actually think this is a great idea and should seriously be looked at. If the Net to the AD really is in the 200k neighborhood then it is a no brainer. Wouldn't it also give the students more seats closer to the field thus expanding the section of Royals or die hards?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I actually think this is a great idea and should seriously be looked at. If the Net to the AD really is in the 200k neighborhood then it is a no brainer. Wouldn't it also give the students more seats closer to the field thus expanding the section of Royals or die hards?
    About 75 more seats in rows A-E.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie