Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kill gets $1.2 million/year for 7 years

Default Re: Kill gets $1.2 million/year for 7 years

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    The statue will also require a couple of 'decent' bowl wins and top half (ie, patsies dont help) B1G finishes. I wish this man the best and feel his pain every time the Gophers have a game.
    The guy has a tough row to hoe. Damn--I almost feel sorry for him this year.---almost
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    Wonder what # of wins Kill needs to make it to the last half of his contract?

3-5-6-6 And he might be ok?

4-6-7-7 And he's probably getting a statue outside TCF Bank?
    Boy, for his sake...................wait a minute.....1.2 million per year for a 3 year buy out?
    I'd rather hire a high end brazilian call girl to the tune of about 20k a month and disappear to Barbados for the balace of the deal rather than get my brains beat in by fsc teams every year and go 0-1,000 in the B1G.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Assuming that Maturi stays around, what are the chances that Kill doesn't last 4 to 5 years? I would say that Kill sees a quick exit if Maturi is the boss. Maturi will get pressure from the fan base, and he'll develop a quick trigger finger within that 4 to 5 year time frame. Thoughts???
    Considering they are still paying off Mason and Brewster, it will probably be along time before Kill is gone, of course winning is a must to stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    Wonder what # of wins Kill needs to make it to the last half of his contract?

3-5-6-6 And he might be ok?

4-6-7-7 And he's probably getting a statue outside TCF Bank?
    I think beating Iowa or Wisconsin once buys him another year!

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Considering they are still paying off Mason and Brewster, it will probably be along time before Kill is gone, of course winning is a must to stay there.
    Great point.
    How would you like to be the AD of a CURRENT 1-6 school submitting these high dollar check requests for THREE HEAD COACHES every 2 weeks?
    -I certainly don't know if Maturi does the check requests......but you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Kill has already been an FBS coach. I think he'll get bought out soon, right after Maturi is run out of town. HOpefully that happens soon. I can't cheer for a team that is this bad year after year (yes, I am a Gopher fan!).
    Reported that Maturi is retiring next year.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

so does he get a contract extension every year? I don't understand the extension when he's not even done with his first year.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    so does he get a contract extension every year? I don't understand the extension when he's not even done with his first year.
    I don't think its a contract extension as much as his first real contract. The article mentions the "memorandum of agreement" that he is currently working under. That probably means there was too much negotiating to go before the season started and they needed a head coach immediately, so they went with a temp agreement.

I have no idea how common that kind of thing is.