Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ORU press conference tomorrow

Default Re: ORU press conference tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    So what are the options?

NKU? They want to go DI but have been looking at the OVC
    Minnesota State? Their hockey team has been left to die in a horrible conference, they could cut football and really make a niche for themselves with DI hoops.

Any other ideas??? Crazy dream idea would be to add Air Force since their AD wants to step down to a level where they will be more competitive but the Summit might be too much of a step down.

We need to 10 schools.
    Plug up the hole with UALR, then maybe hold our noses closed and take back Chicago State.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

I REALLY wish we were further along with the SHAC project.
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    It has some bad points to lose them but it also has some good points. Not a death blow to the summit and pretty much expected. They wont be whining about the tourney in the upper midwest then.
    I would really like to hear what some of those are. Cause I don't see a goddamn positive coming from this.
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Plug up the hole with UALR, then maybe hold our noses closed and take back Chicago State.
    Really I think a MN school might be the best answer if NKU can't be brought in. NKU would be nice though to appease our eastern flank of the league.

I want nothing to do with Chicago State. I don't want NDSU to be in anyway affiliated with that school.

So what are the options?

Minnesota State? Their hockey team has been left to die in a horrible conference, they could cut football and really make a niche for themselves with DI hoops.

Any other ideas??? Crazy dream idea would be to add Air Force since their AD wants to step down to a level where they will be more competitive but the Summit might be too much of a step down.

We need to have 10 schools.
    NKU's DI move is tied into the OVC. The OVC will be bringing them thru their transition, not the Summit.

I'm starting to not be completely naseous at the idea of a football-less MSU-Mankato joining the Summit. A football-less St. Cloud is harder for me to stomache. At least Mankato is the flagship school of the MNSCU system and has better academics than St. Cloud.
    - Lou Holtz

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So what are the options?

We need to have 10 schools.
    The Summit needs to make a move that will make the eastern schools happy. I think a strong move for NKU is the obvious play.

I personally don't want to see another D-I school in Minnesota.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

I guess you guys understand now what it's like to be in a conference that's basically DI's Waiting Room. And it only took us being in the Summit for 5 years for this edifice to start crumbling.
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    The Summit needs to make a move that will make the eastern schools happy. I think a strong move for NKU is the obvious play.

Again people, NKU is tied-in with the OVC.

I'm trying to find positives with a non-FB MSU-Mankato joining. They do have pretty good facilities, their indoor track facility is one of the best around and their BB arena is small, but INCREDIBLY comfortable and nice.
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

Agreed but I don't want to add some far flung school or an academic/athletic joke like Chicago State. I'd only support one MN school though.

That said, Douple needs to go all in on NKU, I don't care if he has to guarantee a conference tournament is played in Cincinnati for two years to make it happen. Just get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Again people, NKU is tied-in with the OVC.
    The OVC needs to invite them to join and I've seen nothing that says that has happened. Honestly ORU leaving makes the league more geographically appealing for them and a bit less daunting competitively.