Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NDSU v UNI on TV?

Default Re: NDSU v UNI on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    It just so happens that Pantherhawkrolling lives in Tacoma presently. Try the Hooters off of I-5, they have all of the games and it is off the highway you will be traveling on. It's the same exit as a bunch of restaurants such as Applebees, Olive Garden, Winco Grocery.
    Not to kill the thread, but I haven't been out to Tacoma in awhile, how's it looking out there? My great aunt lived there all her life and last time I was out there her neighborhood was in the process of being turned over. I've been there a bunch of times and the first handful were a little questionable lol I spent one night in a hotel in Fife once(never again) as well. It's obviously 2nd to Seattle out there, but always felt really run down to me. I do love the area overall tho.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Not to kill the thread, but I haven't been out to Tacoma in awhile, how's it looking out there? My great aunt lived there all her life and last time I was out there her neighborhood was in the process of being turned over. I've been there a bunch of times and the first handful were a little questionable lol I spent one night in a hotel in Fife once(never again) as well. It's obviously 2nd to Seattle out there, but always felt really run down to me. I do love the area overall tho.
    Got gas once in Fife. Once.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I've heard the rumors, I think the area is on the upswing. Ultimately, it's still Tacoma. I am from Iowa and it reminds me of Cedar Rapids, which is not a compliment. Seattle is great, though, and I must say I take a walk every night and have never felt like I was about to be murdered.

If you don't mind going a little past Seattle, The NDSU alumni watch party for the 1st Gophers game was in Kirkland at the Lucky 7 Saloon 12715 NE 124th St. 425-821-7717. That's the "official" Nebraska football bar in Washington and Huskers' game starts 3 hours earlier than so you should be able to see most of the Bison game.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Part of Tacoma is nice. They've got a cool glass works museum and some nice parks along Puget sound. However, you can usually smell "the aroma of Tacoma" unless the wind is blowing in the right direction.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Tacoma is working hard to clean itself up. Still has a ways to go but it's improved a lot in the last decade.

Seems Tacoma now plays 3rd fiddle to Seattle and Bellevue. Bellevue is having a massive growth spurt.

Another option that may work to watch the game is Jillians on South Lake Union in Seattle. The NDSU alumni have had gatherings there before. Nice place. I watched the Kansas March Madness game there the day before my wedding.
    "We did the impossible and that makes us mighty." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    It just so happens that Pantherhawkrolling lives in Tacoma presently. Try the Hooters off of I-5, they have all of the games and it is off the highway you will be traveling on. It's the same exit as a bunch of restaurants such as Applebees, Olive Garden, Winco Grocery.
    Where are you going to be for the game?
    Insert something clever here...

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tacoma's not too bad these days. Completely different city than 15 years ago when I moved to the Pacific Northwest. The firm I used to work at did the new convention center.

Bellevue is crazy. The downtown area has more highrises than most cities in the west. Probably rivals Portland, actually. I worked briefly on the Bellevue Towers project when it was just getting its initial form figured out. I also did a bookstore and movie theater there. Again, 15 years ago, it was a pretty small town, at least visually.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Tacoma's not too bad these days. Completely different city than 15 years ago when I moved to the Pacific Northwest. The firm I used to work at did the new convention center.

Bellevue is crazy. The downtown area has more highrises than most cities in the west. Probably rivals Portland, actually. I worked briefly on the Bellevue Towers project when it was just getting its initial form figured out. I also did a bookstore and movie theater there. Again, 15 years ago, it was a pretty small town, at least visually.
    Yep, I have some relatives that also live in Bellevue. It felt almost rural when I'd go to their house back in the day. Haven't been out there in probably close to 8-10 years tho.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Anyone know what channel dish network will have the game on?? Any bars in phoenix mesa area having it?