Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation Points Reform

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Reputation Points Reform

This is a topic that's probably better suited for the off season, but with the latest "issues" with other school posters here and new BV users in general, I thought I'd mention it.

Yes, rep points don't matter and don't count for anything, etc. But the system as is now is completely skewed. Many posters can, with one + rep, turn a new user into a "reputation beyond repute" user. A - rep would turn a user so deep into the red that it would probably just be better to quit that username and start again, unless their goal is to be Teh Red chiclets Champion! While this is how it's supposed to work, and higher rep users get more rep power, a new scale might be needed.

Suggestions:

1) Re-visit the rep points scale and up the total needed for the different rep levels.
    2) If #1 is not feasible, reset everybody's rep and start from scratch. (watch me drop to the red for making this suggestion. )
    3) Profit?

Default Re: Reputation Points Reform

Rep points are stupid. Some of the best posters on here have comparitively very little rep and a UND jokester is at the top. If that doesn't say how stupid the system is, I don't know what could. The only time I ever get rep from people is when I make silly comments.

both of you check neg rep

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Rep points are stupid. Some of the best posters on here have comparitively very little rep and a UND jokester is at the top. If that doesn't say how stupid the system is, I don't know what could. The only time I ever get rep from people is when I make silly comments.
    Nice post. I give you positive rep, but since you think it's stupid I'm going to give to Cap'n Cat.

Also, this is very important. I notice that how much I yell at my kids is directly related to how long it's been since I've gotten a positive rep.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    both of you check neg rep
    You mad bro?

Reset the rep = fine with me.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I'm still waiting on my catalog. I was told I'd be able to trade in some rep for a bisonville thong and matching bra set.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Why not even get rid of the rep if it bothers people? BTW, let us know when the last day we can cash in our rep points...I have a nice little paper weight at the dollar store I've had my eye on...almost enough rep points to buy it.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

don't forget to drink your ovaltine, tab.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Lots of mad bros in this thread. If you want, I can write up a short novel called Rep Points for Dummies: How to Grow Your E-penis to Astronomical Sizes.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.