Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do I hate UNI?

Default Re: Why do I hate UNI?

You speak of us always looking back in the past...all your fans talk about the D2 championships you have won...you can't have it both ways...you guys don't come close with the program and tradition that we have in FCS....you haven't even beat us yet!!! you make fun of all the "paintings" on the wall...they are conf championships that you dont have and if you did you would be taking about them all the time...get over the whole UNI is a dirty team...the league reviewed what happened 2 years ago and the right decision was made..your guy threw a punch....take your NDSU blinders off and come back to the real world

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    This is different then other rivalries. Plenty of us can cheer for SDSU when they are not playing us. Though not many of us would ever cheer for the Firetrucks, they are neighbors, family, and friends with us and we get along when talking about pretty much any other subject. With UNI, most of them just seem like USDA Prime Choice Hand-Selected D-Bags...no matter the subject (excluding Cap'n Cat...he isn't Prime Choice ). Does this make it a rivalry, or does it just make them D-Bags? Maybe if a few of them stop by the tailgate it may change my mind. We will see.
    USDA Prime and USDA Chice are two different categories.

WHY THE F**K DO I KNOW THAT, FER GOD'S SAKE???
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by Panther3 View Post
    You speak of us always looking back in the past...all your fans talk about the D2 championships you have won...you can't have it both ways...you guys don't come close with the program and tradition that we have in FCS....you haven't even beat us yet!!! you make fun of all the "paintings" on the wall...they are conf championships that you dont have and if you did you would be taking about them all the time...get over the whole UNI is a dirty team...the league reviewed what happened 2 years ago and the right decision was made..your guy threw a punch....take your NDSU blinders off and come back to the real world
    Jacking your lubed-up cock over conference championships and conference championships only is a pretty lame thing to do.

How many national championships do you have?? Answer: The same number of cartoon shows on FOX's Sunday night Animation Domination that I'm the executive producer of.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

"It might have something to do with the thug factor that UNI seems to bring to its games." Now that is what I do not understand and possibly take issue with. What exactly do you mean by that? I know that UNI generally has superior athleticism than other Valley teams and recruits from outside the plains. That does not equate to a thug factor. To me, the thugs are the community college type; the types that cannot get into regular universities without remedial course work and are recruited by lesser programs to serve as speed and muscle for two years. UNI is known, to a degree beyond most other FCS programs, for taking freshman and shaping them into players over the course of five years. That's been the hallmark of UNI success for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    I have read enough of your posts that I have some trouble believing your attitude towards UNI could be characerized as "total indifference."

It's fairly obvious that the class quotient is in the eye of the beholder. I think of the UNI program that I know, the players through the years, the tradition, and I see a very classy program. I know that you are talking about the program, not the players, but still I will mention Kurt Warner, there's the definition of class.

I see NDSU as a classy program as well.
    A little off topic but I made a Bison-Panthers game bet with Kurt's step dad today (customer of mine). the loser owes the winner 2 Maid-Rite sandwiches. (If you're a Cedar Rapidsian, you'll be very familiar with the famous Maid Rite burger shop on 1st Ave.)

On edit: Kurt's parents are two of nicest people I have ever met. (truth)

Quote Originally Posted by Panther3 View Post
    After your guy drove PP into the wall he threw several punches to Pat's gut. He crouched down and delivered the blows. Then Pat retaliated. He was wrong to do it and deserved the suspension. I have video of the incident. Your guy got away with a major infraction. I'm not surprised by the conference ruling.

When your Panthers were in the NCC we were winning championships and playing in bowl games...etc, etc. You guys stayed at home. Then you fled to DI-AA. It was a free ride without a transitional period. We should have made the move then too. Yir right...we don't have the history in DI-AA or the FCS because we haven't been here very long. It would be great to win this Saturday because it would keep us undefeated in the conference.

There's nothing to get over 3. Your...writings...won't...change...my...feelings.. .of...disrespect...for...your...football...team.

Still...I...don't hate...anything...about UNI. Not...even...you. Sorry

Come...over...here...and...play...if...you...have. ..the...need.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    "It might have something to do with the thug factor that UNI seems to bring to its games." Now that is what I do not understand and possibly take issue with. What exactly do you mean by that? I know that UNI generally has superior athleticism than other Valley teams and recruits from outside the plains. That does not equate to a thug factor. To me, the thugs are the community college type; the types that cannot get into regular universities without remedial course work and are recruited by lesser programs to serve as speed and muscle for two years. UNI is known, to a degree beyond most other FCS programs, for taking freshman and shaping them into players over the course of five years. That's been the hallmark of UNI success for a long time.
    Hard nosed football and dirty are two different animals. The UNI I experienced was hard nosed and dirty. But I put that on Stan Sherrif and the culture he breed at UNI. Except for the incident a few years ago(which got out of hand) UNI plays very hard nosed football.

I think alot of the talk about UNI since our transition shows what a rivaly this game has become. UNI pretty much handed us our ass last year physically but some how we were still in the game at the end. We havent beat you guys yet which shows that UNI has a good football program. One that isnt to be taken lightly. IMO.

This weekend should be a hell of a game. Add the angst between the two for each other makes Games like this what college football is all about. I love it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hate that meow-meow-meow noise when theres a kick off in the unitard dome.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I don't hate UNI. I just don't respect them. There's nothing about what they do that has any class. Total indifference.

I want to win Saturday because it's another game on the road to a conference title...which is where we belong most years.
    wow, that's funny right there. Really delusional, but still funny.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Is that all you guys do is look to the past?? I mean really...Kurt Warner? Did you win the national championship when he was at UNI ? Or did you paint a couple of years on the wall ??

I won't be visiting your board. I don't care what's being written over there. I meant what I wrote. I don't care who we're playing this Saturday. It's truly another game on the schedule. I'll admit that it's one of the tougher games we'll play.

What happened to the player who mugged Pat Paschall two years ago? Was he suspended by UNI for a game or two?

I cheered for your basketball team in the Big Dance. Ben Jacobsen is from my hometown in ND. That's why.

Do you have a problem with me 'not hating' UNI ??
    You mocking someone for talking about the past is pretty much the ultimate irony.

Funny that you totally ignore the fact that it was Paschall who threw punches and was suspended.