Page 101 of 114 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1133

Thread: SHAC Construction Updates

Default Re: SHAC Construction Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    They produced 2 championships lifting in this space.

How many did Oregon or PVAM have?
    It's kind of funny though... I think that weight room really epitomizes the Bison way. Work out in a grocery store with signs that say "meat" and "dairy."

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's kind of funny though... I think that weight room really epitomizes the Bison way. Work out in a grocery store with signs that say "meat" and "dairy."
    These last two years, the Bison have shown that championships are won with heart, not with fancy schmancy weight rooms.

but the bells and whistles guys! The bells and whistles!

Will I be able to drink a dam beer in this fancy SHAC?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    One of the things that we first learned in architecture school is that the best designs are based on a full commitment to the program (the need) for which they serve. "Form Follow Function." Inherent in that lesson is the very real truth that beauty and grace stimulate a successful use of a space as much, if not more, than simply meeting the need. Only when people are inspired where they work, play, or live can they truly, completely benefit from the investment. This has been proven repeatedly over the years as I have practiced. In fact, the firm I founded is entirely based on this concept.

In my professional opinion, this is far more important when we collectively invest for the public good.

The part that drives me crazy about the shortening of the design process is this underlying attitude that projects have to be expensive to be well designed. For the most part, that is completely not true. Good design saves money, improves a building's response to its program, and lowers the cost to maintain it in its future. It is what we do every single day in our office. And for what it is worth, every single client of ours has a strict budget and construction schedule that they need to adhere to.

It CAN happen. We see it every day. All it takes is vision, communication, and a commitment to excellence. Just like the excellence that we ask of our athletes and coaches.
    Architects are always looking to fancy shit up and spend more money. If your comparing our facilities to Oregon's you're going to be disappointed every time. NDSU does not have an open check book. There is something to be said for getting more out of less though. This is going to be a big upgrade over what they had. Either way, same coaches and attitude will go a lot farther then a fancy new building.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Architects are always looking to fancy shit up and spend more money. If your comparing our facilities to Oregon's you're going to be disappointed every time. NDSU does not have an open check book. There is something to be said for getting more out of less though. This is going to be a big upgrade over what they had. Either way, same coaches and attitude will go a lot farther then a fancy new building.
    Way to read what I actually wrote. This is exactly the problem with our country. Some (perhaps most) people are so completely set in their way of thinking that no amount of expert opinion can be even remotely considered. You dismissed my point without even fully reading or considering my thoughtful initial response. Way to go. I thought all of us good Midwesterners were taught better at a young age.

I know that this is BV but would it be too much to ask for a little open mindedness once in a while?
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by orygunbison View Post
    way to read what i actually wrote. This is exactly the problem with our country. Some (perhaps most) people are so completely set in their way of thinking that no amount of expert opinion can be even remotely considered. You dismissed my point without even fully reading or considering my thoughtful initial response. Way to go. I thought all of us good midwesterners were taught better at a young age.

I know that this is ND but would it be too much to ask for a little open mindedness once in a while?
    fify .
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Looks like no more training in the Sunmart!

NDSU S&C ‏@NDSUstrength · 2h2 hours ago

ATTN. ATHLETES: STARTING THURSDAY we will be training in the SHAC, if you have any questions contact one of the Strength Coaches

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Looks like no more training in the Kramart!
    FYP

10char

Hope we get photos soon.