Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1133

Thread: SHAC Construction Updates

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SHAC Construction Updates

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    How about just don't put seats behind the pillars and frame in the area? Could have made up for any lost seats and then some by cutting back less in the corners of the pullout seat area. This isn't very complicated and should have been covered in Architecture 101.
    Yes, that's what I'm thinking. Somebody mentioned on here it was too expensive to remove the posts, so that I can understand. But there aren't that many seats behind them, so why even bother putting them in?

Not a big deal I guess, unless they sell those tickets to unsuspecting fans. I can't imagine they will be used often, but I'm sure they will be.

Edit: It appears they are not selling any tickets in those sections for any game (sections 201 and 208). Or sections 113 and 117, though those could be season ticket holders.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Yes, that's what I'm thinking. Somebody mentioned on here it was too expensive to remove the posts, so that I can understand. But there aren't that many seats behind them, so why even bother putting them in?

Not a big deal I guess, unless they sell those tickets to unsuspecting fans. I can't imagine they will be used often, but I'm sure they will be.

Those seats are not even for sale I believe until absolutely everything else is sold.

oops I see I was posting while you were adding the edit portion.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I'm a bit surprised they put seats behind the posts again. If they really needed those extra seats to sell, they should have closed in the corners a bit more or extended the other 3 sides up a bit higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    How about just don't put seats behind the pillars and frame in the area? Could have made up for any lost seats and then some by cutting back less in the corners of the pullout seat area. This isn't very complicated and should have been covered in Architecture 101.
    I agree...leave out the seats behind the pillars and to make up for the lost seats, they could have made the configuration into a true bowl setting by adding seats in ALL the corners...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I agree...leave out the seats behind the pillars and to make up for the lost seats, they could have made the configuration into a true bowl setting by adding seats in ALL the corners...
    Yep, they could have made it right without cutting corners.......lol.

I mentioned the same thing back when they started. Obviously it would have been a cost on top of what already had been spent. So if they barely got the seats replaced...

Anyways my opinion it is still something that could be done in the future in my opinion. Don't really see any reason why it couldn't. My guess is the extra cost to add the support system was more than they wanted to bite off at this point.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

So is there really not going to be a final construction update video released? They must really want a big crowd tomorrow if only to see what it looks like.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Midco had a little segment on today with footage of the building. Think it was on the Midco Minute slot. They usually replay those quite often throughout their programming.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    Midco had a little segment on today with footage of the building. Think it was on the Midco Minute slot. They usually replay those quite often throughout their programming.
    Jeez, those things are shorter than the 30 second videos NDSU puts out or WERE putting out. It would be nice to see the entire building when it is done, not just the arena.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Jeez, those things are shorter than the 30 second videos NDSU puts out or WERE putting out. It would be nice to see the entire building when it is done, not just the arena.
    Yup, yup, yup.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Bison Illustrated has links to a lot of separate features of the SHAC with pictures.

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN